WP LOG IN

HELLO I JUST SCANNED MY WP SITE IT TOLD ME TO DELETE A FILE FROM MY WORD FENCE NOW i can not find my WP web site to log on & its saying HTTP ERROR 500

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello TERRY Berichon

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

Just to make sure, you scanned your site with Wordfence plugin or with Defeneder plugin?

Have you deleted this file manually, do you remember what was the file name? Was it .htaccess file?

Try to deactivate all your pugins. Navigate to the /wp-content/ folder. You will see a folder called plugins. Rename the plugins folder to anything that you like. In our example, we will call it “plugins.deactivate”. Once you do this, all of your plugins will be deactivated.

Once you do this, check if the 500 error gone. If you are able to login again, go back to your /wp-content/ directory and rename “plugins.deactivate” back to plugins. Now you can activate one plugin at a time until your site breaks again to find the plugin that caused it.

Second solution is to reupload WordPress core files again. Re-upload the wp-admin and wp-includes folder from a fresh WordPress install. This will NOT remove any of your information, but it may solve the problem in case any file was corrupted.

Let us know how it went!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• BEAR
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I Have followed Nastia instruction but I COULD NOT FRESH RE INSTALL WORD PRESS ON THE SEVER IT WOULD NOT LET ME I HAVE GIVEN NASTIA MY LOG IN DETAILS TO TROUBLESHOOT WITH THE MISSING FILES i deleted BUT NO REPLIES

CHEERS:smiley:
    Terry

• Alex Stine
    • System Administrator

Hello TERRY Berichon
    Hope you are well!

Could you please send these details to me through our secure contact form?
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question" from the "What would you like to talk to us about?" drop down.

Please insure this text is in the subject field so it is assigned to me.
    Subject: "Attn: Alex Stine"

In the message body, please include.
    1. Link back to this ticket.
    2. WordPress admin account username, password, and login URL.
    3. FTP host, port, username, and password. Please specify if I should connect with SFTP or FTP.
    OR
    4. cPanel URL, username, and password.

Please let me know when these details are sent.

Cheers,
    Alex :smiley:

• BEAR

Sorry Alex forgot to say I am located in Perth WESTERN AUSTRALIA
    the site went down on Sunday night after I scanned it & with defender once I DELETED THIS FILE BELOW

File Issue
    wordfence-waf.php
    /wordfence-waf.php Unknown file in WordPress core

STRAIGHTAWAY WORD PRESS & MY SITE WENT DOWN
    Cheers once again: ok_hand:
    Terry Berichon

• BEAR

Hello Alex Stine
    Hope all is well
    I have contacted my service provider this morning & reconfirmed the details as I have given you .They expanded to me the reason it was no login on because the details in the login box had to be removed & manual re typed in which they have done it word instantly

they also offer to look at the site for me they managed to replace the file and get the word press site working again but with a old backup found on the servers witch was great

WE tried to change the theme the wpmudev The fixer IT WOULD NOT LOAD PROPERLY
    As the server side the the website seams to working properly now
    Can you assist me on getting my theme to change over to THE FIXER THEME
    I have changed my password WP I will resend it on https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/
    immediately
    Now it wont let me update or unlock wpmudev dash board
    I will be on line after 11.00 pm PERTH TIME
    LOOKING FORWARD TO YOU RESPONSE

Cheers
    Have great day
    Terry BERICHON

• Alex Stine
    • System Administrator

Hello again TERRY Berichon
    Hope you are well!

I was able to find your new WordPress Admin password and successfully activated and loaded Upfront Fixer. It looks that your site has returned to normal.

Please make sure you clear all history, cookies, and data before logging in again. :slight_smile: Hopefully you won't see this problem again.

Please let me know if I can help you in any further questions.

Cheers,

• BEAR

Hello again Alex
    Hope all is good just started to look at my sites the have all the sites mixed up the fixer is loaded up live but the original site doe not seamed to migrated over properly the front home page on the fixer most of the other sites are the same without the original site details on it can you assist

Cheers
    Terry

• Alex Stine
    • System Administrator

Hello TERRY Berichon
    Hope you are well!

When your host did the restore of a backup, this probably wiped out the changes to your home page. Unfortunately, there would be no way to get this back since the data has been overridden by the restore. The only way to get those changes back would be to restore to a point before they restored your site today which could really mess your site up since you couldn't access the WordPress Login.

I am sorry for the bad news. :slight_frown:

Have a great day! Cheers,

• Alex Stine
    • System Administrator

Hello TERRY Berichon
    Hope you are well!

When you joined my chat, it looked like the site was coming together pretty well. :slight_smile: Since this is a different issue from the original ticket, I recommend you open another ticket if you need help making your Upfront theme look like your old theme.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/

Unfortunately, we do not have any theme migrators, if there is any design related questions, we would be more than happy to help in a new ticket.

Have a great day! Cheers,

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.