wp-login.php page customization

How do I customize my wp-login.php page? I need to use my own background color or image. I need the change to affect all the sites on the network.

• 3SixtyEvolve

Hi @louis_builders

Instead of modifying the core WordPress files rather use a plugin. A plugin can survive change and stay intact during WordPress upgrades without potentially having to do the modifications again.

So to get you started I would recommend you install our Ultimate Branding plugin. After installing it, please enable the 'Custom Login CSS' module. Once you've done this, open your WP login page in Firefox and inspect the elements with FireBug.

You will find css code on the right hand side mentioned. This is the default WordPress login styling and can be found in /wp-admin/css/wp-admin.css and some of the colors will be set through /wp-admin/css/colors-fresh.css.

After reviewing the code and adding it into a text file, go to the Ultimate Branding - Custom Login CSS module and add the code there. You will find it on your WP Admin Dashboard » Branding » CSS » Custom Login CSS.

With a little bit of CSS you can do amazing things with your login screen. Here are some code to get you started:

Background color:

body.login {
        background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #FBFBFB;
        min-width: 0;
    }

If you want to use an image instead of a background color:

body.login {
        background: url(http://yourwebsiteurl.com/yourdirectory/background.jpg);

You are now logged out yellow box:

div.updated, .login .message {
        background-color: #FFFFE0;
        border-color: #E6DB55;
    }

Have fun and let me know if this helped.

Gina

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.