Wp Mu problem with Godaddy.

Hi ,
I’m trying to put a wordpress multisite on my godaddy deluxe hosting plan.
I purchase a Dedicated IP address.
I activate the IP address to main site
I create subdomain.
In the Dns Manager I add record.It look like something like this

@ 111.111.11.1
subdomain 111.111.11.1

after I edit my wp-config and my htaccess files.Create a blogs.dir and a mu-plugins in wp-contents.Create a site with subdomaine.mysite.com.
All good but when I quit the dashboard I get 500 error page.

Do I’m missing something?Also wonder if there some godaddy client who went through the same issue since from godaddy wildcard subdomain is a very complicated matter
Help would be very welcome

• francois_lachance

My first step

I purchase a Dedicated IP address.
    I activate the IP address to main site
    I create subdomain.
    In the Dns Manager I add record.It look like something like this

@ 111.111.11.1
    subdomain 111.111.11.1

After this I did
    site converted to multisite

wp-config first step : define('WP_ALLOW_MULTISITE', true);

Than went to network set up,copy paste info to wp-config and htaccess.
    Than login again,network activated.
    Create new site.
    visit subdomain and this error show.

[Mon Sep 10 03:34:38 2012] [error] [client ] Directory index forbidden by Options directive: /var/chroot/home/content/47/9690547/html/francais/
    [Mon Sep 10 03:34:38 2012] [error] [client ] Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error. Use 'LimitInternalRecursion' to increase the limit if necessary. Use 'LogLevel debug' to get a backtrace.
    [Mon Sep 10 03:34:39 2012] [error] [client ] Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error. Use 'LimitInternalRecursion' to increase the limit if necessary. Use 'LogLevel debug' to get a backtrace.
    [Mon Sep 10 03:34:39 2012] [error] [client ] Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error. Use 'LimitInternalRecursion' to increase the limit if necessary. Use 'LogLevel debug' to get a backtrace.
    [Mon Sep 10 04:02:51 2012] [error] [client ] Directory index forbidden by Options directive: /var/chroot/home/content/47/9690547/html/
    [Mon Sep 10 04:02:51 2012] [error] [client ] Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error. Use 'LimitInternalRecursion' to increase the limit if necessary. Use 'LogLevel debug' to get a backtrace.
    [Mon Sep 10 04:02:51 2012] [error] [client ] Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error. Use 'LimitInternalRecursion' to increase the limit if necessary. Use 'LogLevel debug' to get a backtrace.

That is pretty much the step by step that I did
    Take care Timothy

P.s By the way I'm not asking to resolve MY problem,I know it's not a wpmudev issue,but I know there is a 100 k user in this commnity,so probably someone went through the same .

• francois_lachance

Well I want to end this topic with this,if you thinking about getting host by godaddy,you will not be able to have a multisite with wild card subdomain.
    That is the answer I got after purchasing a dedicated ip address.

Godaddy.
    It sounds like your configuration was correct. Invalid .htaccess files, or invalid rules in them, commonly cause 500 errors with Linux hosting accounts. You can enable error logs to better determine the cause of the error:

Godaddy.
    It seems that I’ve looked over an important limitation on our shared hosting plans. You cannot use the WordPress Subdomains option with our shared hosting if you are planning on using wildcard subdomains.

I'm not trashing godaddy,the service was perfect,but I spend 2 days on this and all I got it's a lot of knowledge on the subject.Best of luck

• Timothy Bowers

It seems that I’ve looked over an important limitation on our shared hosting plans. You cannot use the WordPress Subdomains option with our shared hosting if you are planning on using wildcard subdomains.

I'm sure they did and I'm sure some of our members have it with them....

I took a quick look and it implies here they did with a dedicated IP:

http://support.godaddy.com/groups/wordpress-hosting/forum/topic/wildcard-subdomains/

As you have a dedicated IP and can handle DNS then I'm not sure why they would restrict that :disappointed:

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.