WP Multisite for Mortgage Bank

I am about to build a new site for a mortgage bank client using multisite, each LO will get a subsite for them and their "team", 1 admin will control all - no sub-admins - and they want the main site home page to contain a search box that will search for LO's only and then link them to the subsite for that LO from the results. Can you point me in the right direction for the plugin that might do this or come close? I can code in the rest if needs be.

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Hall Marc, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

I assume by "LO", you're referring to Local Office, correct?

...each LO will get a subsite for them and their "team", 1 admin will control all - no sub-admins

If you're wanting to hide the ability for subsite admins to be able to create other admin level users (while allowing the Super Admin to create admin level users inside of the Network Dashboard), you could insert this CSS code into the Custom Admin CSS module inside our Ultimate Branding plugin:

option[value="administrator"] {
        display: none;
    }

.network-admin option[value="administrator"] {
        display: block;
    }

...and they want the main site home page to contain a search box that will search for LO's only and then link them to the subsite for that LO from the results.

You could use our Directory plugin to create a an entry for each LO, and then include the link to each subsite in the network inside of each entry:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wordpress-directory/

How does this sound so far? :slight_smile:

Please advise,
    Michael

• Hall Marc

I have looked at the Directory plugin and this doesn't fulfill the need. I know my original post wasn't very clear so please allow me to try again.

What we need is the ability for the visitor to search for a Loan Officer on the main site and then provide the link to their respective subsite in the search results. This search box will only search for Loan Officers and nothing else. They do not want a directory page or tree. Only the search box will aid in finding the LO's.

UPDATE: While typing this response I found Members Directory and this looks promising. I can customize this. Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.