WP Multisite: Managing signups table

hello

we were having some issues with multisite sending out the activation emails. so i whipped up a quickie plugin that queries the signups table and displays to the super admin / admin the activation link (that is normally in the email).

that works.

however, once activated the row / user stays in the signups table. i was presuming that activation would also clean up after itself. yes? no?

or maybe my plugin isn't working, as i think it is?

thanks again
mfs

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

hiya

thanks for posting.

I believe users data stays in the signups table until that user has been activated. their details should be removed from the signups table once they have been activated.

it does look like an issue with your plugin.

hope this helps.

thanks.

• ChiefAlchemist
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Vaughn

Might it be a network config issue?

The plugin doesn't do anything other than render a list and mimics the activation link as seen in ms-functions.php.

when I click the link I do get the "thanks, your account has been activated" - as expected.

but then the user is still in the signups table. That's the rub.

If it's the plugin - which is just a table bump with links - then I'm not understanding the activation process.

Your thoughts? Please?

thx
    mfs

• ChiefAlchemist
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Vaughn

Is there an easy way to attach a file? You can see the code for yourself. Uber simple. I'm not saying it's not me. Could be. First time for everything :slight_smile:

But when I get a "thanks for activiating" then I would presume as is well, and it doesn't seem to be.

Thanks again
    Mark

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi @ChiefAlchemist,

Just going through some old threads and noticed this unresolved. Did you manage to solve this issue, for now I'll mark this as resolved due to the time, but if you wish to revisit it, feel free to re-open or start a new thread.

Thanks

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.