WP- Multisite with Multidomains

Hello together,
this is my first post and i´m really enthusiatic about wpmu :slight_smile:

Now i have read all the manuals and i´d like to start my work on a multisite Wordpress Page. Everything works fine, but i have a Problem with the Multidomain Plugin. Perhaps i have Problems in understanding it well... on this i decided to ask here.

I want to run a multidomain network based on subdomain multisite. I installed wordpress multisite, configured dns setting and tried to create some subdomains using the register form. everything works really fine. now i installed the multidomain plugin and start to edit the possible domains which user can choose in registration form. i set up the following domains (examples):

1. domain.de
2. stuff.com
3. coco.org
4. cooldomain.biz

first domain is the main domain on which wordpress was installed. now i created to each domain a subdomain

1. sub.domain.de
2. sub.stuff.com
3. sub.coco.org
4.sub.cooldomain.biz

when a new user register for example on sub.coco.org, i want that this user is only registered to this subdomain and only can log in to the subdomain on whichhe has registered. additionally i want that this user is also displayed as a user in the network dashboard. is it possible? because my experience is the following:

1. user visit sub.coco.org
2. user wants to register
3. user will be redirected to register form of http://www.domain.de...

i don´t know how to go on now...... :slight_frown:

thx for helping hints
best regards
francesocpiezzo

• aecnu

Greetings francescopiezzo,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

Thank you for the detailed map of what you have going on there.

i want that this user is only registered to this subdomain and only can log in to the subdomain on whichhe has registered. additionally i want that this user is also displayed as a user in the network dashboard. is it possible?

The problem is here is that they are indeed all part of the same network so they will all be in the same exact network.

It is further my opinion that you would have been served much better from the description of what you want to do to scrap Multi Domain and use Networks for WordPress plugin which also has Domain Mapping built in.

This is what it appears you want is a network of networks and if this is indeed the case, Networks for WordPress plugin is the right answer.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• francescopiezzo

Hi, thanks for the answer. i will shortly describe what i want to achieve:

1. i want to build a wp-page with membership level (plugin membership)
    2. in this levels user1 can subscribe a level where he gets an exact copy of the main domain blog but he can choose on over 25 domains which he wants to use (multidomain plugin on subdomain)
    3. when user1 gets his own blog new users(2) can sign in to his blog and they can get same mebership levels as user1.
    4. for this user 1 gets an affiliate commision for promoting the blog (affiliate plugin)
    5. if user1 want he can get domain mapping for his subdomain (domain mapping plugin)

Thats what i want to achieve. Is it possible?

Best Regards
    francescopiezzo

• aecnu

Greetings francescopiezzo,

Thank you for the detailed description of the desired end result.

You had me all the way until 3. when user1 gets his own blog new users(2) can sign in to his blog and they can get same mebership levels as user1.

They will indeed have to join at the main site not only for the affiliate commission to credit user1's account but to become part of the network.

Were you perhaps activating Membership site by site or network activated?

Is it possible?

Absolutely when one is a competent coder with a vision and the will to get it done - and I am not a coder.

Please advise about activation method you intend to use/using?

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.