wp network

Hi everybody,

I have installed a wp network successfully. everything works fine from lan. but the site is not reachable from wan. a other site (not wp) hosted on same server don’t have any problems.

have I to do something special in wp network mode? the normal wp installation was without problems.

pleas can you help me to find the problem? thank you.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings marcolino,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

Thank you for the great question but I cannot get my head wrapped around what you are wanting/trying to do.

It appears that you have set up a server or host in your home/office LAN and you are trying to access it from outside your internal network.

If this is indeed the case you will want to check your firewall and in the router check the port 80 routing to the host commonly known as port forwarding.

Please advise and/or clarify and have a GREAT upcoming weekend in any event.

Cheers, Joe

• mrkgg
    • Flash Drive

Hello Marcolino,

It sounds to me like since your other non- wordpress install is accessible through your firewall your wordpress should be as well. My question is are you accessing your site internally through its ip or through it’s domain. You may also want to double check your wp-config file and double check that the domain you entered is correct. More information would be great in order for us to help you solve this problem.

Thanks,

Mark Gong-Guy

• mrkgg
    • Flash Drive

Hello Marcolino,

It sounds to me like since your other non- wordpress install is accessible through your firewall your wordpress should be as well. My question is are you accessing your site internally through its ip or through it’s domain. You may also want to double check your wp-config file and double check that the domain you entered is correct. More information would be great in order for us to help you solve this problem.

Thanks,

Mark Gong-Guy

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings marcolino,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• Jason
    • The Incredible Code Injector

It’s not easy to setup two wordpress installs on the5he same server with multisite.

You need to check the order of your vhosts in apache or nginx.

Because a site that doesnot resolve should take you to the signup page on your wpmu site, 3ven if registering is turned off. But then the other install still needs to resolve.

Goodluck.

• marcolino

Hi Guis,

Thank you for your help. I have done different tests with different installations. But it didn't help. Now I have a fresh installation (without MU, I think it's better to look that it first run correct). Network and server config. seams to be ok. The domain http://www.panarica.com in directory Web/piwigo/ works well.

The WP installation is in Web/wordpress/ the wp-config, index.php and .htaccess are in root directory (Web). I did it how explaned in codex wp.

It's the domain http://www.bridge4artist.net but its not visible from internet. from lan yes, but if I want to login from lan over the domain name, nothing happend. I have to login over the private ip-address (192.168…:wink:

I have one IP address on the router wich is pointed to the server. would it be better to have a second ip for the server?

I think there are some missconfigurations, can you help me to make it work? Thank you in advanced.

Wich info you need to help me?

Marc

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings marcolino,

Thank you for your additional input and screen shot as well.

One of the things you have not mentioned is what is resolving the DNS to the /wordpress folder?

The call comes in form the Internet then goes to the router and what directs it to the /wordpress folder? Resolving the DNS?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• marcolino

Hi Joe,

Thank you for your reply.

The domain name is forwarded by the hoster to my server in the lan like that http://46.14.143.41/wordpress/

On the router is port forwarding on for port 80/443 to the server 192.186.1.210.

After e new installation the website can be reached from wan. but the template is not loaded. have a look to http://www.bridge4artist.net.

An other problem is, that I can not log in from internet (http error 403)

In lan the Template is loaded correct, but if I want login by the domain name, nothing happend. Login via ip address is working.

I think all these problems are the same miss configuration. but I can not finde out on which vice i have to turn (wordpress, router or server)

My other Installation (panarica.com not wordpress) is working fine and has the same configuration on server and router.

I hope this information helps you to help me.

Cheers, Marc

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Marc,

I would certainly like to help but it is almost impossible to figure this out being on the outside.

We can trace successfully to your router which then it is all handled internally from there, what is seen on the outside is what your router/system is letting us see, but we cannot see the nuts and bolts of what is going on there from the outside and therefore this will require internal network administration which is light years out of the scope of support we provide here though as evidenced in previous posts I have indeed tried to help.

However, you have never mentioned though indeed I asked what is resolving the DNS for the domain once it is in your network? The IP is not the answer and it should indeed be your server.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.