WP Newbie here. We inherited a blog site that was built

WP Newbie here. We inherited a blog site that was built on the WP-Rye theme. It was a bare bones setup without a number of admin functions non-tech users need. One thing missing in the Admin Dashboard menu is the Pages > All Pages and Pages > Add New menu set. I've tried to understand how to get it back, but no joy.

What this leads to is that we want to activate the Subscribe By Email widget so folks can receive notice of new posts. However, when I try to configure it, there is no way to create or select a "Subscribers Management Page" where users can subscribe/unsubscribe to post types/categories. (See attached screenshot). I've set up a local dev site using WP 4.4.2 and the Twenty Sixteen theme and can create pages and configure the widget OK.
I've looked all over the Web, Wordpress.org and your forums and haven't been able to figure it out. Aside from completely reconstructing the look and feel of the blog from scratch, which would take some heavy learning, I'm at a loss.
Any help will be appreciated

• Milan

Hello @bobrast,

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

First of all on behalf of all WPMU DEV team I hearty welcome you to our community. :slight_smile:

Now I've summarized your question into these two smaller bits.

#1) Admin Dashboard menu "Pages > All Pages" and "Pages > Add New" menu are not visible
    #2) There is no way to create or select a "Subscribers Management Page" where users can subscribe/unsubscribe to post types/categories

Actually due to some reason on your site "Pages" menu is not visible and accessible that's why you are not able to create or edit new pages. But if I enter this url in browsers's address bar
    https://www.yourdomain.org/blog/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=page then I am able to access all the functionality of pages menu. So this means menu is working fine but somehow its hidden may be due to other plugin. ?

Please conduct plugin conflict test as described in our support manual here and let me know what you got
    htttps://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Just for your convenience currently I've published on page and assigned it as "Subscriber Management page" so that your user can access and modify his/her subscription preference.

Another thing I want to inform you about is that we are not currently providing category wise preference selection to subscriptions, only post types preference is there.

I hope this helps you. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Milan

• Bob

Milan,

Thanks much for the info and creating the subscriptions page. As a temporary stopgap for the missing Pages menu item, I created a temporary using Admin Menu Editor Pro. Will run through the plugins conflict steps this afternoon.

Now that I have the subscriptions page, I'm not sure how to add the Follow/Subscribe button to pages or posts, or how to configure the Subscriber Management page to give users the ability to modify subscription preferences.

Is there are more detailed How to available for the Subscribe By Email widget?

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Bob,

Plugin instructions can be found under Usage Page on plugin page:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/subscribe-by-email/#product-usage

To add subscription form you you can go to Appearance > Widgets and add Subscribe By Email widget to your sidebar or footer, or you can go to Subscriptions > Settings panel and enable
    Display a follow button? option that will show subscription slide in form on each page.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.