wp-signup.php

I would like to use a sign up form much like http://edublogs.org/signup/
I want all the information gathered on one page rather than a series of steps like Wordpress's default process.
Any assistance on editing the wp-signup.php page for reaching this goal would be appreciated.

• Fullworks
    • The Bug Hunter

The principal is you take the wordress file wp-signup.php , pick it apart and create a page template that does the same task. Unfortunately this takes quite a bit of programming understanding. I haven't seen a simple example of this that can be just taken and used.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings kale407,

Thank you for the great question in which I have no answers due to that page is very heavily custom coded by the WPMU DEV developer team and they are not disclosing anything as it is similar to the WPMU DEV site.

I am not even privileged to that information.

Alan above is spot on and this will take considerable top talent to create and it is by no means a simple task that a code snippet will cure.

Alternatively you could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• kale407
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Vaughan, I do like the idea of using gravity forms, but the user registration add-on is available only if you purchase the developer license.

I have never used BuddyPress. You say it allows custom fields? Can you elaborate?

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

when you install buddypress, you'll find in the menu under users, a menu called profile fields. you can then create your own fields to use.

of course, that only creates the fields etc, you would still have to heavily design the templates for the pages, that wouldn't be a small task, the creating fields would be the easiest part in all this.

hope that helps.

regards

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.