wp-signup.php Re-directing to home page and NOT Pro Site Registration page

Hello once again.

Fantastic support here, much appreciated.

Here is a bizarre issue we’ve encountered while trying to implement Pro Sites into our current WPMU / BP installation.

When a user registers fresh, they can create a Pro Site with no issues.

However, when a already existing user tries to create a Pro Site (by accessing mysite.com/wp-signup.php) they are not taken to a page to get their Pro Site, instead they are re-routed to our home page (mysite.com)

Very bizarre issue. Does anyone have any idea as to why our signed in users are not able to activate their Pro Sites?

I should also mention that NON registered users who manually enter mysite.com/wp-signup.php are redirected to mysite.com

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there :slight_smile:

Yeah wp-signup.php will do that…. not sure why it does not redirect properly with BP enabled.

So providing you have registration and blog creation enabled which you have… Then the go to your blogs directory for BP you will see a create button, it take you to:

domain.com/blogs/create/

The slug for blog will change depending on what you select in the admin area:

Admin –> BuddyPress –> Pages

You will make pages theres, for this one its the “Site Tracking” option that controls the slug for /blogs/ on my install :wink:

Hope this helps.

Tim.

• grahamn
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Timothy,

I'm having this same problem with a multisite installation and I'm not sure I understand what you mean about changing the blogs slug? Why would this help redirect users away from wp-signup.php when they click "Create a new site" in the "My Sites" area?

Thanks in advance!

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

So you’re running BuddyPress?

This is a current release and not the 1.5 series originally discussed in this thread?

What’s the screenshot in regards to? That’s the admin area not the wp-signup form?

This discussion was about the wp-signup and redirecting, that’s not in the admin area.

Once I have clarification it should enable me to help better.

Thanks,

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Also:

I’m not sure I understand what you mean about changing the blogs slug? Why would this help redirect users away from wp-signup.php when they click “Create a new site” in the “My Sites” area?

Not sure where I said change the slug?

I did say the whole slug will change for BP Creating sites dependant on what’s set here:

Admin –> BuddyPress –> Pages

Thanks.

• grahamn
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

No worries. I just added a little script and dropped it into an mu plugins folder. The link “Create a New Site” in the screenshot I provided above links to “…/wp-admin/wp-signup.php” and this just sends users back to the home page. I also wanted to send users to

domain.com/blogs/create/

instead. I was just trying to understand your suggestion in case that would be a better work around. I’m still not sure I understand but maybe, like you’re saying, I’m asking a completely different question.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.