[WP Smush] Conflict with WPML

Hi,

I contacted Google Webmasters forum and after receiving few recommendations, which included downloading of your WP Smush amongst others such as Hummingbird, etc. I noticed a conflict with the plug-ins from WPML that I have already installed in my WordPress. Quite honestly, I seem to always have problems with WPML (I also had problems in the past), but since I must have my web due-language there's nothing I can do but stick to it. Do you know or are you aware of any conflict between your plug-ins and WPML? I would love to acquire your premium service, but I am afraid whether I will be able to enjoy all it has to offer or even waste money because of the conflict it may cause in my web. Sorry to be so intense, but I am looking into positioning my web much higher in Google and your product offers just that.
Thank you for your attention.

Kind regards,

Rob Pinto
https://crossfitblau.com/

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Rob,

Hope you're doing well :slight_smile:

I don't remember seeing reports for compatibility between Smush and WPML but we will like to investigate this further and check what's going on.

Could you elaborate what's the issue that you are having so we can try replicating it and check what's going on?
    Are you having some kind of issues as soon as the Smush is activated, or one of the options in Smush/WPML are not working properly, etc.?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the additional info, white screen usually means that there's some fatal error going on somewhere.
    However, I got a hold of WPML in the meantime and installed it on my test site beside Smush and couldn't see any issues.

Can you tell me if you have any other WPML add-ons or components installed on your site?

Also, we should be able to get more info about the blank screen if you enable debug log on your site.
    You can enable debug log in your wp-config.php file (located in root WP folder) by replacing define('WP_DEBUG', false); with this code:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);

// Disable display of errors and warnings
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

Activate Smush again so that blank screen shows and this should create debug.log file in your wp-content folder that could tell us what is going on.
    Can you please save it as .txt file and attach it here so we can check it out.

You can also now remove/rename Smush folder in order to deactivate it until we investigate it further.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Rob

Hi Predrag,

Thank you again for your interest and willingness in trying to help me.

I did what you said in the wp-config.php and once I tried to log onto my WP my logging page did not even show up.

In this case took a screenshot to show you, but there is no way of uploading it here since the forum does not give the chance to upload files.

Tell me what you think it could be, please.

Regards,

Rob Pinto

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Rob,

You can attach images here if you use attachment option on top of the comment box:
    [image pos="0"]

Even if you were unable to access your backend the debug log should still have caught the error.
    If you had debug log enabled can you please navigate to wp-content folder and see if you have debug.log file in there?
    If you do please change the extension from debug.log to debug.txt and attach it here so we can check it out.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.