WP Smush It Pro... 8 day wait?????

Hi I bought membership and it looks like wp smush it pro is going to make me wait, at this time... 6+ days...

I can't even cancel it so I can smush a few images at a time... I'm really, really sad now..

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Chris! :slight_smile:

The estimate can vary depending on the amount of images to be smushed, as well as how many are in the queue (and can change, as it is a estimate). I will say though that we're definitely working on improving the infrastructure for smush requests, as we'd hate for folks like you to be sad.

If you'd like to reset the request in the meantime, you can try adding "&wp-smpro-allow_reset=true" (without quotes) to the URL for the admin page, like this:

/wp-admin/upload.php?page=wp-smpro-admin&wp-smpro-allow_reset=true

You should see a button that'll allow you to reset the request. Otherwise, you can utilize the code solution provided over here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/smush-server-was-unable-to-access-images-from-your-site-3#post-844289

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Chris, here's a piece of news that'll cheer you up. :slight_smile:

We've released an update today to WP Smush Pro that improves the smushing speed a lot!

If you haven't seen the update yet, you'll want to go to:

WPMU DEV -> Updates

And click on the "Update Now" link at the bottom of the page (see first screenshot below).

Then, once you've updated, you'll want to go to:

Media -> WP Smush Pro

And if a Smush is already in progress, you'll now see a prompt like the one seen in the 2nd screenshot below.

Just go through the process of resetting the smush request, and once you've done that, you'll be all set to use the new, faster API. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.