WP Smush it Pro ... stopped fetching images

Hey there,

I started the smush it plugin about 3 days ago and just checked up on it today and found that it fetched 5/861 images. This is the error message I got:

Smush server was unable to access images from your site

Please let me know what I could do to fix this.
Thanks

• Michelle Shull

Hi, Alex!

This could be one of several things.

1. Are you using a CDN, or a service like Cloudflare to distribute your content? Sometimes the Smush server IP needs to be whitelisted for these services. That IP address is: 66.135.55.161

2. We may need to reset your connection to the Smush server. To do so, temporarily add this code to your functions.php file:

delete_option('wp-smpro-sent-ids');
    delete_option('wp-smpro-bulk-sent');
    delete_option('wp-smpro-bulk-received');
    delete_option('wp-smpro-current-requests');
    delete_site_option('wp-smpro-current-requests');
    global $wpdb;
    $wpdb->query("DELETE FROM $wpdb->postmeta WHERE meta_key='wp-smpro-is-smushed' OR meta_key='wp-smpro-smush-data' OR meta_key LIKE '%wp-smpro-request%' ");

Next, go to the front end of your site and refresh any page.
    Now, remove the code you just added from above.
    Retry Smushing.

Let us know how this goes!

• Alex

Hey there,
    So I spoke with my hosting provider and they said that the IP address is now not blocked but that it didn't look like they were blocking it in the first place.

I added that function to the parent theme (first, since I didn't see a functions.php file in the child-theme) and I was able to refresh the smush process but it quickly failed and said that there was already a request coming from that server.

I also tried to add that code in my child theme by making a new functions.php file, and it made my whole website white screen so I had to take it out.

Please advise.

Thanks.

• Jude

Has W3 Total cache ever been activated on the site at any point? or are you using a security plugin - iThemes, WordFence, Succuri or any other ?

Looks like you are smushing too many images on the site at once. Can you try with a lower number ?

Also increase your memory limit, please do this by inserting the following into the wp-config.php file, just about the "That's it, stop editing" line:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Let me know if that worked for you

Cheers
    Jude