WP Smush Not Working Correctly

Hi, I've smushed all my images on my site. However, after testing my website performance, my optimise score is still at 63, which is the same score before I smush my images.

Predrag Dubajic

Hey Taka Liew,

Hope you're doing well today

Google page speed test has two reports for image optimization.

1. Losslessly compressing - This one's is telling that image can be optimized, that's what smushing takes care of and there are no such reports on your site.

2. Compressing and resizing - This tells us that image is larger than its actual HTML holder.

The second one is what's shown in your results and that's because your theme is loading images larger than it's HTML holder, for example on your homepage there are 200x200 thumbnails loaded but the actual HTML holder of that image is only 87x87 so the image is resized with CSS to fit in that holder.

Unfortunately this is not something Smush can deal with since the theme code is written in the way to call the larger image, and even though the image is compressed google doesn't like loading image larger than its holder, so this is something you need to check with the theme devs.

Hope this clears things up and let us know if you have any followup questions

Best regards,
    Predrag