WP Smush plugin slowing down site

Hello,

I have been trying to improve the site size and site speed of my site.

I have downloaded WP SMUSH and chosen all the appropriate settings to optimise my images. I have also download Autoptimise to help with JS and CSS. However despite this, Google Page Speed Insights and Pingback tests show a very slow performance and large size.
I am only a quarter way through building this soon-to-be online course and am concerned of how big and slow it may get in the future. The site is very heavily image orientated so WP Smush seems like a good solution. However through before and after speed tests, there is no difference. I cannot find any other reason why it would be so slow.

Thanks!

• Sajid

Hi @kym,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Did you tried "Super-Smush images (Lossy Image Compression)" option of WP Smush Pro ? Its designed to decrease the image size as much as possible without any noticeable quality loss. If no then please try and then check again.

If its still not affecting the load time then issue is something else. Why not try our WP-Hummingbird plugin to help you speed up your website. We have specially designed it to make your website load faster with its tools like GZip Compression, browser caching, file minification and lots more.

Within the dashboard you can see the performance report of your website and based on that you can make your website fly. This will tell you what steps you need or what exactly you required to increase the pagespeed score.

We have recently published a blog post explaining the hummingbird and how you can use it:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/hummingbird

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:
    Cheers, Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.