WP Smush Pro 2.0.6.1. Fatal Error After Install

Fatal error

• Frank

I had the freebie Smush installed. I paid to install the upgrade and upon activating the plugin after "successful" install, I received the following error (see below). I did not uninstall the freebie Smush first, so perhaps that's the conflict? If so, I was never prompted or told to first remove any other Smush plugins. Anyway, I cannot wait for a reply, so I am restoring my site to yesterday (a nice feature offered by GoDaddy).

Warning: require_once(/home/content/p3pnexwpnas06_data02/55/2308755/html/wp-content/plugins/wp-smush-pro//extras/free-dashboard/module.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas06_data02/55/2308755/html/wp-content/plugins/wp-smushit/wp-smush.php on line 861

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/content/p3pnexwpnas06_data02/55/2308755/html/wp-content/plugins/wp-smush-pro//extras/free-dashboard/module.php' (include_path='.:disappointed:usr/local/php5_4/lib/php') in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas06_data02/55/2308755/html/wp-content/plugins/wp-smushit/wp-smush.php on line 861

• Frank

Hi, I restored my site to an earlier time. I then deleted free Smush plugin, and I saw that Smush Pro and WPMU Dashboard plugins were still installed, but not active.

I activated Smush Pro plugin, but plugin said I still wasn't a subscriber. It really should have at this point, like other plugins do.

So I then activated the WPMU Dashboard plugin, and the dashboard presented a popup window prompting me to explorer additional services offered now that I'm a subscriber.

I could not click the box away, and I didn't want to explore other services right now... I want to get cracking on compressing my images, which is my main intention for buying the plugin!

So I navigate back to my Media link, then clicked on WP Smush link, and then I got the page that told me I'm now a subscriber and can start using all of the features.

So now, I can finally start compressing all 2,867 images on my server.

I write this novel for you developers as you can see this wasn't the smoothest installation I've ever experienced, and it seems you may have a few bugs to work out. But if you want to know what additional plugins I use (I use the Total WP theme, Visual Composer, Yoast, and a few other plugins), or of you need to know anything else, just let me know as I'm always here to help.

I hope this helps you folks!

Frank

• Sajid

Hi @Frank

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am sorry to hear you got trouble upgrading to Pro. Please always delete the free version complete from your install before upgrading to Pro version. Its not only for WP Smush Pro most of the plugins require same procedure.

However I do appreciate you took time for reporting us the issue. I will pass-on to the developer to make it smooth from installing to upgrading.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Frank

Thanks Sajid. I think you guys may want to change the method in which user of the free plugin are prompted to upgrade, as it obviously can confuse us novice users, and I know there's a lot of us out there :slight_smile: My point is, there's a big blue button prompting users of the free plugin to upgrade to the Pro version yet all through the purchase, installation, etc., (unless I missed it), I didn't see any "notice" or "warning" that the user should delete the free plugin first. I fact, by its very design, the free plugin must be active for a user to click on the blue button, which takes the user to the purchase page. You folks may want to re-think that design... :slight_smile:

But the pro plugin is working great! I'm about 1/4th of the way through smooshing my png images, using the lossy optimization feature, and the plugin has reduce my file image sizes by 70 MB so far!

That's great because I had been using the free EWWW plugin but it really wasn't optimizing my images as much as I'd like them to be. And after a few months of monitoring my site, I saw I had many images that were 500kb to almost 2 MB in size and I thought, shoot, this is going to take me for-ever to resize and re-upload 500-1,000 images!

Then I found your plugin, through a post from AJ Clarke of WP Explorer, and I was sold! If AJ liked it, then I like it!

Anyway, great plugin and will recommend but again, you guys should re-think the upgrade process.

All the best!

Frank

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.