WP Smush Pro 2.7.7 conflict/bug

When I update WP Smush Pro to 2.7.7 on a site (not wpmudev.syntric.com) it causes the Add Media button to stop working in the content editor. The javascript console shows an error when loading the edit-post.php page and generates an error each time the Add Media button is pressed.

Deactivating WP Smush Pro restores the functionality.

I tested on a site where WP Smush Pro hadn't been updated yet and reproduced the problem.

I have opened up WPMUDEV support access to http://wpmudev.syntric.com. Feel free to use it to confirm.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Ken Hobbs,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I have accessed your site (latest Chrome on Win 10 Pro) and after confirming that WP Smush Pro 2.7.7 is active on site I tried to add new post and to edit some existing one. In both cases there was no error in a console for me and the "Add media" button seemed to be working fine there.

I assume, however, that I might have missed something so are there any additional steps that I should follow to replicate this on your site? For example: should I try with different browser, should I switch some options on/off or do it on some specific post/page?

Looking forward to your reply,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.