WP Smush Pro - Bulk smushing not working

Bulk smashing the images doesn't work. After smushing and clicking on Re-check same images are again available for smushing?

• Dimitris

Hey there Boris,

hope you're having a beautiful day! :slight_smile:

Are there any (error) messages that you get in bulk smush screen?
    Are these images which keep re-appearing smushed already? Or the smushing procedure can't edit these?
    Have you tried to smush these images from Media Library instead?

Could you please grant us with support access to have a better look? You can do so via WPMUDEV Dashboard as described here https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Boris!

I used support access that you granted to visit your site and check it (two times, yesterday and today) but I wasn't able to spot any errors or unusual behaviors that could be causing this.

One more thing that I'd like to test would be W3 Total Cache that's installed on your site but I'll need some help from you with that since it's a live site. That said, could you please export your current cache settings to a file (W3 Total Cache lets you do this) so you could easily bring them back later and then:

- switch off all the caching options in plugin settings
    - clear site's cache
    - disable the plugin
    - clear browser cache
    - run bulk smush on these 8 images and after they are processed "re-check" images again and see what happened?

After that you will most likely want to turn on the cache again so just enable W3 Total Cache back and import your settings from previously exported file.

If the issue still happens even with cache totally disabled, please add following lines to the "wp-config.php" file of your site:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);

Make sure please that these lines are located above the "/* That's all, stop editing! */" line and then run bulk smush again and re-check images after that. Once this is done please download the "debug.log" file from the "/wp-content" folder of your site, rename it to "debug.txt" and attach to your replay here.

I hope that this will help us pinpoint the main culprit.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Boris!

Thank you for your response.

I asked for testing cache because the images these 8 images that WP Smush keeps reporting are actually optimized - you can confirm that in Media Library. By looking into console logs and checking ajax calls requests I was able to identify IDs of these images and make sure that they were smushed.

The issue then would be that the WP Smush for some reason doesn't "mark" them as optimized.

That being said, I must admit I'm a bit out of ideas since the debug.log didn't get created. Could you please try one more thing then?

First, note down all the WP Smush settings and then disable and remove the plugin. Then clear all caches on site, go to "WPMU DEV -> Plugins" page in your dashboard, install the plugin again and enable it and see how it behaves.

Let me know please.

Best regards,
    Adam