[WP Smush Pro] Call to undefined method

`Delicious Brains updated their Offload S3 plugin to v2.0 today (using paid version). After the upgrade, it appears Smush Pro throws the following error on the media screen. For now the only solution was to disable Smush Pro.

Example

https://imgur.com/a/kCQSPlu

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method Amazon_S3_And_CloudFront_Pro::is_attachment_served_by_s3() in /srv/bindings/6f3a7d2c922645849f736fcc2511a1f9/code/wp-content/plugins/wp-smush-pro/lib/integrations/class-wp-smush-s3.php:265 Stack trace: #0 /srv/bindings/6f3a7d2c922645849f736fcc2511a1f9/code/wp-content/plugins/wp-smush-pro/lib/class-wp-smush-helper.php(128): WpSmushS3->is_image_on_s3(6030) #1 /srv/bindings/6f3a7d2c922645849f736fcc2511a1f9/code/wp-content/plugins/wp-smush-pro/lib/class-wp-smush-resize.php(119): WpSmushHelper->file_exists(6030, '/srv/bindings/6...')

Also, while they didn’t go into detail, the Delicious Brains folks did mention having received other Smush Pro related support tickets.

• James
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks. Delicious Brains confirmed that method no longer exists.

This is tangential, but when I was uploading existing media with Offload S3, it took many hours and kept failing part way through. Yet, downloading that same amount of media from S3 took under 2 minutes. From the error log it seems like some sort of image manipulation might have been taking place during the upload process which was drastically slowing it down and causing timeouts. I thought perhaps this was Smush trying to do something… but all the media was already smushed.

Please keep me posted, because I’ll need to leave Smush Pro deactivated until an update is made.

Thanks

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi James,

We have released new version of Smush with the fix for this issue, check it out and let us know if everything is in order for you as well :slight_smile:

As for your last question, yes, Smush will optimize images on upload before Offload plugin sends them to S3 servers, so when it does send them it will send optimized versions.

Best regards,

Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.