WP Smush Pro could not find image path

Hello,

I've just installed WP Smush earlier today, and after successfully smushing about 6% of my images, I shut down the computer upon which I had a Chrome tab open to the WP Admin and had selected to Bulk Smush.

When I restarted the computer and reloaded the WP Admin Smush page, all subsequent attempts to resume Bulk Smush result in path errors, i.e. Could not find /home/content/k/e/r/****REMOVED****/html/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/gigi-sugar-microwave.jpg. And this continues for every image.

The ****REMOVED**** prefix in the error messages doesn't match my hosting account dir structure, so not sure what has happened. How can I get Smush Smushing again? Thank you.

Kind regards,
Chad

• Katya Tsihotska

Hi Chad

Hope you had a great day!

Just to make sure no other plugin is causing this, can you please do a plugin conflict test? To know more about plugin conflict test, you can check this guide: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/
    Please post back here the results of your test!

Could you please grant us temporary support access to your website so we can have a better look at your setup and settings? You can grant us access via WPMUDEV Dashboard plugin, there's no need to share credentials. Here's our detailed documentation page about it:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-4
    Don't forget to let us know when you'll do it.

Kind regards,
    Katya

• Chad

Hi Katya,

Thank you for replying. Hope you had a great day too. The site we're using the plugin on is in a production environment, so the plugin test suggestion to disable plugins one by one is something we'd like to avoid if possible. Also, before we grant admin level access, because our policy requires us to change our passwords and perform a security audit afterward, are there any known conflicts between WP Smush Pro and any of these plugins?

Ad Injection
    Advanced Custom Fields
    Akismet Anti-Spam
    CommentLuv
    Display Posts Shortcode
    Genesis eNews Extended
    Ninja Forms
    Send Images to RSS
    Simple Social Icons
    Subscribe to Comments Reloaded
    Sucuri Security - Auditing, Malware Scanner and Hardening
    VaultPress
    WP Rocket
    WP Smush
    WP-Polls
    WPMU DEV Dashboard
    Yoast SEO Premium

Thank you,
    Chad

• Katya Tsihotska

Hi Chad

Do you use WP Smush and WP Smush Pro on your site at the same time? If so, you should delete WP Smush and try to re-install WP Smush Pro. Let me know if it changes something.

There are no known conflicts with plugins you listed above.

If it's not possible to perform all needed tests on your live site, you can create staging copy on the same server and when the issue will be resolved on staging site you can implement the solution on your live site. It also would be easier for you to grant us support access to staging site because there will be no need to change credentials after this.

Kind regards,
    Katya

• Chad

Hi Katya,

We're only using WP Smush Pro on the production site. Just one of them at a time. We do also have a staging site, but it doesn't have a license to WP Smush Pro. It's using regular WP Smush and isn't having the issue we described, but then, it's limited to only Smushing in small bites, and it doens't have a feature we liked that the Pro version does to Smush Originals.

Thank you for your suggestions. We have to talk it over and consider our options. We'd hoped the plugin would work for us immediately after activating, or at least provide some insight into what's happening to help us fix it ourselves. It seems that others in the support forum have reported the same issue with the incorrect path while Bulk Smushing, but the replies the customers received from Support all refer to the Smush team being granted access to the server. For what it's worth, it would be helpful if the answers, even if general, also appeared in those same forum threads, because we may then have been able to help ourselves.

• Katya Tsihotska

Hi Chad

I have some questions, that might help us it further troubleshooting.
    - Could you make sure that these images are actually there on your server?
    - Did you ever move this site from one host to another?
    - Do you use any CDN for media?

Also, please, try to set 755 permissions to wp-content/upload folder and to files into it.

It also would be helpful if you can to provide us with debug log. To enable WP_DEBUG, change the following line in your wp-config.php file:

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

To this:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

Then start bulk smushing again and when you'll get an error, please go to wp-content/ on your server via FTP and download the debug.log file to your local computer. Then, rename that file to debug.txt and attach it to your reply here so we can examine it further.

I also would recommend you to wait until smushing process goes through all your images to check if it returns the error really for all images.

Let me know about results.

Kind regards,
    Katya

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.