[WP Smush Pro] Disable Automatic Original Image Smush on Upload

Under “Automatically smush my images on upload” when “Smush my original full size images” is enabled, there should be an option to disable the smushing of the original image this way I can smush only the original images I need smushed.

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Jonathan,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

when “Smush my original full size images” is enabled, there should be an option to disable the smushing of the original image this way I can smush only the original images I need smushed.

At the moment, I’m afraid, there isn’t any out of the box setting regarding this. However, could you please explain further about the exact workflow you are looking to include as a feature?

You want to keep the “Smush my original full size images” enabled, and want to exclude from auto smush. Doesn’t that work the same way when “”Smush my original full size images” option is disabled?

Disabling the option “Smush my original full size images”, would only smush the image thumbnails automatically. If you want to later smush the original images, you can enable the “Smush my original full size images” option, and can either run a bulk smush, or individually smush the images under Media > Library.

Wouldn’t that help in achieving the workflow? Please advise what’s being missed, so that I could check with the developer for a feature request. Have a nice day ahead. :slight_smile:

Regards,

Nithin

• Jonathan
      • A Tiger In Human Form

You want to keep the “Smush my original full size images” enabled, and want to exclude from auto smush. Doesn’t that work the same way when “”Smush my original full size images” option is disabled?

Disabling the option “Smush my original full size images”, would only smush the image thumbnails automatically. If you want to later smush the original images, you can enable the “Smush my original full size images” option, and can either run a bulk smush, or individually smush the images under Media > Library.

Well if that works then I guess I can do that too.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.