WP Smush Pro doesn't satisfy google when i checked on pagespeed

When i used the pro to smush my images it still could not do them enough to satisfy google when i checked on pagespeed. Can you assist?

• Nithin

Hi Jay Bagga,

Hope you are doing good today.

This is odd that I could see that you have passed 8 rules in Google Pages Speed, and still you have a score of 10. Regarding optimizing images through WP Smush Pro, Google Page Speed only lists 4 images which needs attention.

If you notice closely, 3 images are marked as Compressing and resizing, which means that the images are larger than the content width of your theme, and hence you'll have to resize the image upon compression in order to resolve this.

You'll have to enable Resize original images option, under Media > WP Smush, and enter the size of the images content width that you are going to upload. For eg: the size of the image of Ayulax_Ad-Slider-Final.png in your theme seems to be 1140px X 593px. So you'll have to add these values, and then upload the image so that it gets resized and compressed at the same time.

You'll have to repeat the same process for other 2 images, by manually adding their respective image size as mentioned above.

The fourth image which is shown as compressing, are coming from the plugin folder:
    /plugins/slider-image/Front_images/arrows/arrows.simple.png

I'm afraid, WP Smush Pro, can only smush images present in the media library, you'll have to manually compress that image in that path, and replace the image in that plugin folder.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin