[WP Smush Pro] Downgrade your PRO plugins to free

Hi,
I have monthly all access subscription and I want to sell one of my websites whete I have your PRO plugins installed (WP Smush Pro, Hummingbird PRO, Smartcrawl PRO...). The buyer doesn\'t subscription and he doesn\'t want to buy new.
What can I do?
Is there a way to downgrade PRO plugins (WP Smush PRO etc.) to free Wordpress repository versions without losing data?
Thanks,
Jiri

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Jiri,

I hope you are well today.

When turning over a site, there's no need to replace the Pro versions of our plugins with the free versions. All you need to do is log out of WPMU DEV Dashboard on the site. Remove the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin. Then remove the site from your Hub so it will be released in case the member wishes to upgrade in the future. The basic free functionality will be retained, but any functionality that requires our API servers and any pro-level features will be disabled.

If the member is insisting on not upgrading and does not like the "Upgrade to Pro" notices in the WP Admin Dashboard, you can install the following code as a mu-plugin and it will remove those notices for them.

<?php
    // Removes Notices from WordPress Admin pages.

function remove_admin_notices() {

remove_all_actions( 'admin_notices' );
    	echo "<style>.wp-admin .notice {display:none !important;}</style>";

}
    add_action( 'admin_head', 'remove_admin_notices' );

I hope this clarifies a bit.

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.