[WP Smush Pro] Existing images not being downsized + can't choose directory

Hi, two questions here really, but the first is most important atm:
1. I've updated the settings on smush pro to disallow images larger than 1920x1920. I assumed that when I applied that it would update images that had already been uploaded, but it does not seem to be the case. Is there any way to force Smush to resize those larger images (some are up to 3000px or so, uploaded by user)?

2. When I click on 'Choose Directory' it just shows the loading gif and then nothing happens. I'm on multi-site, so maybe this is related to that?

Appreciate the assist. Thanks!
-michael

• Patrick Freitas
    • Staff

Hi Michael Kastler

Sorry to hear that the plugin isn't working fine on your end.

1. I've updated the settings on smush pro to disallow images larger than 1920x1920. I assumed that when I applied that it would update images that had already been uploaded, but it does not seem to be the case. Is there any way to force Smush to resize those larger images (some are up to 3000px or so, uploaded by user)?

After setting the correct image size, running a new Bulk Smush process should resize the images from the media library to the right image size.

2. When I click on 'Choose Directory' it just shows the loading gif and then nothing happens. I'm on multi-site, so maybe this is related to that?

Clicking on the Choose Directory, a PopUp should come up on the Page with your Directory List

On most of the times, both issues can be related to a plugin conflict.

Wouldn't you mind please, run a plugin conflict test?

Please deactivate all plug-ins keep the reported one, and check if the problem is gone. If so, then enable all plugins one by one and find which one is creating the issue.

If you still having this issue, could you do a theme test, much the same as the plugin test, but now you’re testing themes!
    Activate one of the default WordPress themes, like Twenty Sixteen or Twenty Seventeen.

Here you will find more information on https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-2

Let us know if you need any help on this.
    Best Regards,
    Patrick Freitas

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.