[WP Smush Pro] I smush images too much

Hi, I was smushing my images and set max size to 512 px, after that. It's too small for Instagram add, it's any way ho to set images to 612 px after resizing all? I haven't backup. I know, quality wouldn't be better, but for Instagram restriction, it must be more than 600 px.

• Calum Brash

Hi William
    If you had the setting " Make a copy of my full size images" turned on, you will be able to go through your media library and click the button "Restore" to restore the image to the original size.
    If you didn't have that setting active when you uploaded your images that were resized you will have to re-upload them again.

Smush's Image Resize feature should really only be used to prevent uploads of unnecessarily large images so I would recommend setting the sizes back to default 2048 x 2048.

The proper way to achieve your image size is to add a custom thumbnail size, you can read a very detailed and helpful guide on this here https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/adding-custom-images-sizes-wordpress/

Once you've added your custom thumbnail size, you can go into Smush's - Automatic Smush settings and select your new thumbnail size to automatically be Smushed.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Calum Brash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.