[WP Smush Pro] Image size

I would like to resize images that are already uploaded to my WordPress site. Specifficaly i want all product photos to be the same size. Is it possible?

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Emmanuel,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

What Smush Pro offers is option to resize images by enabling the "Resize my full size images" option in the Smush Pro page, however the size configured by enabling "Resize my full size images", will resize all the uploaded images when running bulk smush, and also automatically resize when a new image is uploaded.

If you are looking to resize only individual images, you'll have to manually re-smush those images, by going to Media > Library in the dashboard, and manually re-smushing those images individually.

Other than Smush, you could try manually resizing the images as mentioned in this article:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/compress-resize-images-wordpress/

Or could check whether the following plugin would help fit to your needs:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/regenerate-thumbnails/

Regards,

Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Emmanuel,

So can resize all product images to the desired size automatically or do I have to do it one by one?

Sorry for not being clear. Seems like, I missed to pin point Automatic resizing option, which you can enable once Smush CDN is enabled as shown in the following screenshot

Once enabled, the plugin will automatically resize the images according to the content width of your theme, and will serve a resized images from the Smush CDN.

If you are looking to resize the image automatically, you can make use of the Smush CDN option as mentioned above. What "Resize my full size images" setting does is, it'll bulk smush all the images present in the Media Library, according to the max-width, and max-height value configured. For example in the given screenshot:

You'll notice the max-width, and max-height is set as 500px, so when a bulk smush is initiated by clicking the "Bulk Smush Now" button, it'll resize all the images present in the Media Library to 500px X 500px.

If you are looking to make use of "Resize my full size images" option to resize specific images, then it'll require manual workflow, ie by going to the Media > Library in the dashboard, and by clicking the "Resmush" button, as showed in the screenshot shared in last reply.

I hope it's clear now, please let us know if you have any further query.

Regards,

Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Emmanuel,

When i set a limit of 500 x 500 px per photo won’t all of my images be resized?

Yes, the option will resize all the images present in the Media Library if you click the “Bulk Smush Now” button.

So, I’m afraid, it could only be resized one-by-one, ie once you have saved the required size for the “Resize my full size images” option, you can manually resize each image individually in Media > Library page, as shown in the screenshot of my initial reply.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/wp-smush-pro-image-size-1#post-1369761

Since your site is in maintenance mode, I’m not sure how are the product images currently behaving. Could I know whether you are resizing the images to fix the Image optimisation? If yes, as mentioned before, did you check whether the Smush CDNs Automatic resizing helps or not?

If you still have issues, or queries regarding this, please do enable support access, so that I could check the website, and see whether there is any workaround too.

Regards,

Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.