WP Smush-Pro - Installation Guidelines

Hi,

In the usage section, it says that to install the WP Smush-Pro, you also need to install the WPMU DEV Dashboard, correct?

I mean, I cannot simply download only the Smush-Pro plugin and just install that one without the WPMU DEV Dashboard?

& last: will the WPMU DEV Dashboard 'slow-down' my WP-Admin ? (performance / loading-time -wise)

Thank-you!

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Irene,

I hope you're well today and welcome to the community!

WPMU Dev will not slow down your WP site (either dashboard nor the frontend). I've never experienced any slow downs or other critical issues related to this plugin and didn't hear anything about it from other members of our community. I wouldn't worry about that then :slight_smile:

Instead, it will nicely inform you about all the updates (including bug fixes and new features), it will let you easily install our other plugins and templates. First of all though, it will let you grant us a support access to your dashboard without revealing any access credentials (like login details, passwords etc). This is particularly useful in case of any trouble or issue that are not necessarily related to our plugins but affect your site.

I hope that helped!

If you have any further questions, please ask. I'll be glad to assist you!
    Cheers,
    Adam