WP Smush Pro Load Time Issue

So I have been working on site speed on a few different domains recently and this site is taking about 1.5 seconds to load WP Smush Pro when the home page loads according to P3 Plugin Profiler. There are other issues I am looking into, but this is the most bloated slow loading of every plugin I have installed on the site and I found this odd as it is supposed to be a plugin that streamlines load time.

I was just going to ask if this is common or if you think there may be an issue with the installation on my site?

• Nick Simpson
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hello Nahid, thanks for your reply and hope you are having a good one too.

I have granted access on my side so feel free to login when you get a free moment.

I have been trying to work down the load time on this site and my host has suggested turning on “expire headers” is that something that usually works well with WP installs or is it not suggested?

• Nahid
    • Tech Support

Hi again Nick Simpson !

I just checked into your site but unfortunately, I cannot replicate the issue on my side. The loading time for the Smush Pro Settings Page seems to be okay and it is either same alike other plugins or less, at least for me and some of my fellow colleagues who tested. Can you still replicate the issue on your side?

Turning on Expire Headers wouldn’t cause significant changes I guess. Please make sure you know what it does before you add Expire Headers.

In a sentence, I think the loading time is completely okay.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Regards.

• Nick Simpson
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I am not sure if my initial question was clear. I have not troubles with the plugin use on the backend at all. I am trying to find out why the site is loading slow in general and when I run the P3 Plugin Profiler, it checks on the load times of various plugins that are being utilized during page loads. So this shows wp smush pro taking 1.5 seconds of the front end of the website load time. I just didn’t know if this sounds common or possibly it is being triggered upon page load when it should not be.

Thanks for taking a look and your thoughts on the expire header, if you have any other thoughts please just let me know.

• Jouni Salo
    • Flash Drive

I just found out there is a potential problem with large number of images. Smush Pro on the admin side will try to keep tabs on how many images are smushed and how much space was saved byt loading up the meta data attached to smushed images. WordPress appears to load all that data and it can be fairly large amount of data. On mine an installation with 40.000 smushed images transfers 320 megabytes of data from the database and that can take a while.

• Nahid
    • Tech Support

Hi Nick Simpson !

Sorry for misunderstanding you at the first place. The explanation that Jouni Salo proposed is absolutely correct regarding large number of images. If you have a large number of images smushed up on your site, WordPress will take some time loading the metadata which contains the number of images processed and data saved by Smush. If this is your issue, I don’t see if there’s a way to reduce this. yet. I have reported this to the developers to look into, hopefully, they can find a solution to this quickly.

Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Best,

Nahid.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.