[WP Smush Pro] mandelkind

Dear Support-Team

You Plugin "deleted" me some of my Picture :slight_frown:

With deleted I mean there are still within WordPress Media, but I can't use them anymore. And on my Side the appeared as missing :slight_frown:

Any Idea what I did wrong or your Plugin messed up?

best

reinhard

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello MANDELKIND,

I hope you’re well today and thank you for your question!

I think that those images might have been in PNG format and the “PNG to JPEG conversion” option was enabled in Smush settings (it’s disabled by default). Can you confirm that?

If so, that would explain what happened. Such conversion does change file format and a file name extension so for example “myimage.png” becomes “myimage.jpg”. This can bring some nice savings often but it also means that all the occurrences of these images will have to be updated. By “update” I mean actually replacing those “missing” images in posts/pages with current JPG ones – editing all the affected content.

However, if that option was disabled, that would be some different issue and I would need to investigate that. In such case, would you please enable support access to the site for me? To do this, please go to the “WPMU DEV -> Support” page, click on “Grant Support Access” button there and let me know here once it’s enabled.

I’ll then access the site and see what might be the problem and how could it be fixed.

Best regards,

Adam

• MANDELKIND
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Admin

no :slight_frown: the “PNG to JPEG conversion” was not enabled :slight_frown:

I’ll gave you Support-Access: roesslioberbipp.ch

btw: Patrick Freitas hat Support-Acces 1 Day ago.

So I hope it is still working?

Thanx for now!!!

Reinhard

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello @wpmudev65776!

Thanks, support access is indeed open so I was able to access the site. I can seem images in Media Library, they appear to be there. I’m not sure though where are the images missing from on the front-end and what do you mean by “can’t use it”.

Could you please point me to the specific locations on the site where the images should be displayed but they are not there and also elaborate a bit on “can’t use them” part? I mean: are you not able to, for example, pick them from Media Library to add to post/page or you are but they just don’t show up?

Also, I have noticed that you’re using Hummingbird’s cache. Could you try clearing it? To do this, go to the “Hummingibird -> Dashboard” page and click on “Clear cache” button there. It will clear Page Cache and also asset optimization caches (just in case) so you’ll see if the images show up and get back after that.

If that doesn’t help, please address my questions above and I’ll get back to the site and check it again to find a reason and, I believe, solution.

Best regards,

Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.