Wp smush pro network constants?

Good day,

We have a multisite that we are going to allow clients to create their own site on. We would like know if it was possible to set a network constant for WP Smush Pro settings so we can hide the settings in the client dashboard and insure that the setting are in know way possible?

I know that we can use cloner or site templates to set the settings when the site is created, but that is not what we want to do, as it still makes it possible for the sites to change their settings.

We want global settings that can not be changed. which unfortunately we cant seem to do directly in WP Super Smush Pro from the network admin.

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Bryant,

We would like know if it was possible to set a network constant for WP Smush Pro settings so we can hide the settings in the client dashboard and insure that the setting are in know way possible?

No, WP Smush does not have option for hiding or disabling options on subsites.

I think workaround solution here would be to hide page with options for subsites, but! this means that when new site will be created (if you told that you don't want to use New Blog Templates or Cloner) settings there will be default.

To hide that menu element you could use our Ultimate branding plugin https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/ultimate-branding/ with enabled module Admin CSS where you would add this CSS to hide WP Smush elements

#menu-media ul.wp-submenu li:last-child {display: none;}

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Bryant

I am sorry let me elaborate more on my question. For better understanding of what we would like to accomplish.

We know how to hide the page. We need the settings to be unchangeable by the subsites.

We would like to set global settings to for WP Smush Pro. As WP Super Smush works now for our understanding, we can set the settings in the main site but the users can change them per site. We know that removing the page will prevent most users from changing the site settings, but we want to ensure that the settings can not be changed. Even with the page not showing, by way of network global settings to insure the settings we want.

We want to insure that every subsite has these settings and that they are not changed:

smush on upload: true
    super smush: true
    Include my original full-size images: true

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Bryant,

I did understand your requirements and like I said hiding this page is only workaround - because it is not possible to disable those options on subistes. WP Smush Pro does not have this ability.

I will move your thread to Features and Feedback section - so other members could support this feature. More +1 from other members bigger chance are that it will be implemented in future releases of the plugin.

kind regards,
    Kasia