Wp Smush Pro Not Compressing All Images

Hey,
We are having an issue where the "BULK SMUSH NOW" button appears to stop working. Upon clicking it id add the Disable attribute and doesn't do anything even though there are still images to compress.

We tried deactivating all other plugins and that didn't work so their doesn't appear to be any conflicts.

We also reinstalled both the WPMU Dev Dashbord and WP Smush Pro plugins, which seem to fix it for a time but then we ran into the same issue again.

We have granted you temp access to the site. Please let us know if you find anything or need any more information.

Thanks
Tim

• Rupok

Hi Tim,

So sorry to hear the inconvenience you are having. This is really weird and should not happen.

However, I've pinged our developer regarding this and he said somehow Smush is not getting image IDs on your site. To find out why this is happening, can you please turn on debug mode in WordPress and try to Smush again? To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

Depending on whether you want your errors to be only logged or also displayed on the screen you should also have this line there, immediately after the line mentioned above:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.

Past errors here. If file is very long, paste them to a text file and attach with your reply.

I'll forward your debug data to our developer as soon as you provide us. I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Hall Internet Marketing

Hey Rupok,
    We enabled WP_DEBUG and tried running it again and we aren't getting any errors.

It is working on newly uploaded image and I just optimized the image and re-uploaded the other images.

Since this was a rebuild we did import a lot of the media so I think is has something to do with that process. We will keep looking into the issue ourselves and let you know if find anything or have other questions.

Thanks
    Tim