WP Smush PRO Performance Issue

Hi, when WP Smush Pro is enabled, image uploading becomes exceptionally slow. The site can lock down to up to 5 minutes. I've granted support access, please check the issue.

• Rupok

Hi Lam Woon Cherk,

So sorry for the inconvenience you are having. This is really weird and should not happen. I have WP Smush Pro activated on my test site but I don't see any change in image uploading. So I think, this is your site specific issue.

Just to make sure no other plugin is causing this, can you please do a plugin conflict test? To know more about plugin conflict test, you can check this guide: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Thanks for granting Support Access. I logged in, activated WP Smush Pro and then uploaded an image. Since then, your site is not loading. So I think the issue you mentioned is in action.

Can you please turn on debug mode in WordPress? To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

Depending on whether you want your errors to be only logged or also displayed on the screen you should also have this line there, immediately after the line mentioned above:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.

Past errors here. If file is very long, paste them to a text file and attach with your reply.

Please send us the debug log and let us know the result of your plugin conflict test. I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok