[WP Smush Pro] Please help me make my site run faster

Hello,
Please help me configure my website so that the load time can be much faster.
I ran a performance test and it's telling me the score is 52 and I need to optimize images and something else, but I don't know how to do it.
I also have issues with deleting cache.
Than you

• James Morris

Hello Marie

I hope you are well today.

Due to time constraints and liability issues, we generally do not go through member's sites and perform configuration of plugins. There's too many variables that may be specific to your site and if something breaks while we were doing that, it would be a liability on the company. So, this is considered a bit outside the scope of support.

However, what we will do is examine your site, determine areas that need optimization, and point you in the direction of how to achieve this and give you some guidance on the steps.

This does two main things:

1. Most importantly, this teaches you skills. Our goal is to help our membership not only produce fantastic sites, but to become very proficient at what they do so they can have the greatest success possible.

2. This reduces individual support time for all members because we help you learn how to do things for yourself. That way, when you do get in a bind, we can focus on the more complex issues for you. You become a more confident site owner/webmaster, and we have more time to work on products and services that provide solutions for you and your business. :slight_smile:

That being said... After reviewing your site a bit, I've come up with the following suggestions and guidance for you to look into.

If you go to WP Admin -> Smush Pro you'll see that you have a large number of images that need to be Smushed since your last settings change. If you just click Bulk Smush, this will take care of many (if not all) of the image compression issues you are having. Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/cp9tjqg.png

If you find that Hummingbird is still reporting that you have images that need compressed, it may very well be that you're using the wrong size image for the are you're wanting the image placed. Most commonly, you'll see people using a 1024x1024px image where a 512x512px image should go, for example. The following blog post explains how to optimize your images by selecting the correct size for the placement on page. https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/compress-resize-images-wordpress/

Now, checking WP Admin -> Hummingbird, I'm seeing that you've not really made much use of the features of this plugin. Now, keep in mind that this is a very advanced plugin. Before working through the optimizations of this plugin, you should take a full backup of your site so you have a fallback in case you run into trouble.

When you are ready to begin working through the tools available in Hummingbird, I recommend following our documentation. It's a little outdated (right now), but it's close enough to where you should see the same functionality, just perhaps in a different screen. Work through the docs carefully and methodically. Doing so will ensure that you have an optimization setup that is ideal for your site. No two sites are the same, so there are no blanket guidelines here. https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/wpmu-dev-plugins/hummingbird/

When you're working through these guides, if you run into any problems, we are more than happy to assist you and explain things further. You are welcome to contact us back here on this thread or if you'd prefer to chat with someone in real time, you can contact us via Live Support, 24/7!

Let us know if you have any further questions. We'll be happy to help! :slight_smile:

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.