WP Smush Pro plugin buttons not working

I installed WP Smush and signed up for the free trial of Pro. When I go to the Smush Pro page on my site, none of the buttons are responsive. I can't save any changes and I can't bulk smush, both very important things to test during the trial to decide if I want to continue with the subscription. Am I doing something wrong? Any advice to get these buttons working?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Brittany,

I hope you're well today and I'm sorry to hear about the troubles!

What you described usually is caused by some conflict with either a theme or some other plugin. That's a rare case but, unfortunately, it happens (not only for our plugins but for all other 3rd party plugins as well). That said, I would like to take a closer look at your site to investigate it and look for a solution.

Would you please enable support access to the site for me then? To do this, please go to the "WPMU DEV -> Support" page in your site's back-end, click on "Grant support access" button there and let me know here when it's done.

I will then access the site and check what can be done about the issue.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Brittany,

Thank you for enabling access.

I checked the site and it's a conflict with WishList Member plugin. We weren't aware of this yet as this wasn't reported but clearly that plugin is causing it and disabling it immediately solves the issue.

It would be best to report that to WishList Member developers as a bug so they could address it, as it's their plugin breaking ours and not the other way around but I know that might be difficult.

Therefore, I have forwarded the case to our Smush Pro developers so they could find a way to provide WishList Member compatibility. Please note, however, that this might take some time and a fix would most likely be released as a Smush Pro update (so it's important to keep it updated).

Meanwhile, as a temporary workaround, you could use it this way:

1. Disable WishList Member temporarily
    2. Set all Smush Pro options that you wish
    3. Run a bulk smush and wait until it completes
    4. Enable Wish List Member back

If you set auto-smushing option, the smush should optimize images upon upload anyway, despite its interface being temporarily unusable.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Brittany,

I hope you're fine today!

Could you please reactivate support access to the site? It seems it expired and our developers would like to access the site to check some things related to the issue as they are working on it.

If "WPMU DEV -> Support" page shows that the access is still active, please revoke it and then re-grant again, then let us know here.

Thanks!

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.