WP SMUSH PRO show different results in the Hub and in its backend interface

Hi Heros

We have smushed our images even in the plugin and theme directories and in its Backend interface it says everything is OK but looking to the hub and Hummingbird it says that there are lots of images which could be improved and it is recommended to smush them?

Everything is OK in the backend

In the Hub it looks like that:

we ran also a new performance test already

Clicking on Optimize the following images to reduce their size by 651.3KiB (83% reduction). Link brings up https://developers.google.com/speed/docs/insights/OptimizeImages which has no real value for that specific problem as the job described here is the job of WP SMUSH.

(Access is granted)

Thanks
Kind regards
Andi

• Majid

Hi Andi
    I hope you are doing great today :slight_smile:

I checked your smush states and they look great, and since we don't have access to your HUB page and you don't have HummingBird installed, I couldn't check if the issue still appears on your end.

I also ran a google speed test which didn't show any errors about reducing images sizes.

Let me know if the issue still can be seen under the Hub.

Best Regards,
    Majid

• Dimitris

Hello there Andi

The recommendations in Performance Report of HummingBird are stating that images are needing resizing. This means that the reported images are larger than the container that includes them in the frontend pages, so Google is moaning that you're loading larger images than you should. :wink:

Smush plugin on the other hand, doesn't provide any automated resizing in images (apart from the part that resizes the full-sized images during upload with the "Resize my full size images" option), so this should be made either via native WP image editor or via another program locally and re-upload these with the correct dimensions (to get these dimensions, you should inspect your homepage with dev tools and find the proper width and height for each one).
    More info on how to resize images can be found in this handy article in our blog:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/compress-resize-images-wordpress/

Hope that clarifies things better! :slight_smile:

Take care,
    Dimitris