[WP Smush Pro] Smush pro and WooCommerce 3.5.1 issues

After updatin g to Woo 3.5.1, we got a gateway timeout when trying to open the products tab inside wp-admin . Tried deactiating plugins, and it seems kike the Smush pro was the sinner. Keeping this deaktive, and things work fine again, so I THINK YOU SHOULD LOOK INTO THIS :slight_smile:

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Hakonzen,

I'm afraid that I don't see this issue on my end, would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at this on your installation?
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

Also, have you bring this issue to Woocommerce support as well since the changes in their plugin are causing it and it could help us with pinpointing the issue?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Hakonzen
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Predrag!

I have testet the fix now, on the site I reported the problem with, and I still get the gateway timeout trying to access the products-page in wp-admin.

However, I have checked the combo smush/latest woo on several sites now, and it works fine, except on the site in issue. There are a lot of other plugins installed on this site also, and it might be some other plgin combo causing this issue, but since this is a live woocommerce site I don`t want to do to much deactivating actions that might cause and order in progress to break

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Hakonzen

It's fully understandable that too "intensive" testing on a live e-commerce site might not be the "best idea in the word" but taking in the account your tests with your other sites, a full conflict test would be very important here to find out what's happening. If it's because of our Smush Pro, it would help us identify the problem, if it's because of some other plugin - it should reveal that too.

In such cases, it's best to create a staging site. Such a site should be an exact "carbon copy" of a live site, preferably residing in some sub-folder/sub-domain or spare domain on the very same server (so entire environment and configuration would also be the same). On such site you could safely perform a full conflict test without interrupting live site performance:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Support-Process-Support-Process.gif

It would be great if you could give it a go and let us know about test results. If it's still something directly related/caused by our Smush Pro, it could greatly help us improve the plugin (and solve the problem too).

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.