[WP Smush Pro] Smush Pro CDN issues with Essential Grid plugin

Hi!
I tried to increase my site speed by activating both Lazy loading and CDN options from the Smush Pro settings.

Then I noticed a page that had Essential Grid didn't work. The grid images are not shown so I disabled the Lazy loading and cleared cache. Still the same thing happens.

Then I disabled the Smush Pro CDN and the grid shows up normally again.

Are you aware of any compatibility issues with Smush Pro CDN and Essential Grid plugin?

Thanks in advance!

• Pawel

Terve Miikka!

I hope you're well today and thank you for reaching out to us!

I've searched through our Slack and bug tracking apps and found nothing related to a conflict between Smush and Essential Grid.

I've also tested to see if there are no issues with enabling both the CDN and Lazyload on a clean install - it seems to work just fine.

I'd like to test this to find out what is happening and how to fix this, but I don't have the plugin and nobody here uses it. If you can, please upload the plugin for me somewhere where I can download it (Dropbox, Google Drive or publicly accessible directory on your website) and send me a link via our contact form:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and the template below:
    NOTE: Don't change selected topic in the dropdown, just leave it at "I have a different question".

Subject: "Attn: Pawel Pela"
    - Link back to this thread for reference

Ystävällisin terveisin,
    Pawel

• Pawel

Hello Miikka!

Thank you for the response! My apologies for the delay, we were having issues on the forum yesterday and I couldn't respond.

In short: I can confirm the issue, sorry for that.

I downloaded Essential Grid and tested your layouts on my test site (mainly Referenssit). The result was same as you described - when I activated Lazy Loading, the images assigned to the items in Referenssit were not displayed. I tried force reloading the page, but that didn't help. I didn't confirm the part with enabled CDN, though - maybe because when I debug, I tend to force reload pages using Cmd+R (Ctrl+R on Windows). The Grid seems to work fine with CDN active.

I think the issue here is because the lazy loading actually happens twice. We have it in Smush and you have it as part of Essential Grid - so this is where the issue may happen.

Lazy Loading in Smush is a completely new feature and it is still in beta, so please remember about this, as some small issues might still pop up from time to time. We tested this feature a lot before releasing, but there is no way to test it with all combinations of plugins - hence "Beta".

There are some options included in the plugin, that disable Lazy Loading based on a set of switches, page URLs and CSS classes/IDs. With Essential Grid the one that worked for me was to disable Lazy Loading on posts (as this is where I tested it). The exclude by class or ID didn't work, even though I tried many different classes generated by EG - I think the reason is that EG loads its layouts after Smush initializes Lazy Load.

I'll create a bug report for the issue you reported, with a detailed description which features worked and which had troubles cooperating with EG and our Smush developers will take care of this.

For the time being, I suggest taking a look at the exclusion options and testing a few of them to disable Lazy Loading on the pages that are showing content created by Essential Grid.

Kind regards,
    Pawel

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.