[WP Smush Pro] Smush Pro Making Tons of HTTP API Requests

Smush Pro is making tons of HTTP API requests. Referring to the attachments, it's making more than 60 API requests, many of which takes more than 1s. In total, it's causing more than 60s of slow down, which is very bad. See https://1drv.ms/f/s!AoJO8z-oV8zeoYoPNR-KApb9OBBQ4w

I've used Smush Pro on more than 100 websites, and this is the 1st time I experience this issue. Any idea why?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Lam Woon Cherk

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The WP Smush Pro is making these requests because the smushing (image optimization) process is done on our servers. The way the plugin works is that it takes an image, sends it to our cloud using an API, the compression is done on our end, then the plugin is fetching image back to your site. Hence the API calls.

However, I admit that the calls seem to be quite "long" indeed. Could you please tell me if there are many images on site and if the file sizes of these images are big? Is that affected site on the same or other server than the other sites where you're using Smush?

Could you also, please, enable support access to the site so I could take a closer look at it? To do this, please go to the "WPMU DEV -> Support" page in your site's back-end and click on "Grant support access" button there, then let me know here.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.