[WP Smush Pro] Smush PRO numbers are all over the place

Hi.
After changing any options on Smush Pro, it starts re-optimizing images, which is expected, however the progress numbers are all inconsistent. Probably just a cosmetic issue. Certainly no rush.
Screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3j8pxcdhjmf6kto/Screenshot%202019-03-30%2019.50.32.png?dl=0
Thanks much. Still the best plugins on the market!! :slight_smile:

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Robert,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I tested this in my system, and tried to replicate as noticed in the screenshot for the progress bar numbers, but wasn't able to replicate it. It seems to be smush correctly with the exact numbers.

Are you able to replicate this in your system in every Bulk Smush? If yes, then please grant support staff access so that we could give a closer look.

You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access, or check this manual: https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

Please let us know once you enable access so that we could get this sorted. Have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Robert,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I'm afraid, it seems like the support access to aidswaxxxxx.org website is no longer working.

Could you please send us your websites credentials, so that we could give a closer look.

You can send credentials by using our secure contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

- To Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Nithin Ramdas
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login URL
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant URLs

Please do follow up in the ticket once you have sent the above credentials. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Robert,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Thanks for sending in the login credentials, unfortunately, it seems that the WordFence is blocking the /wp-admin login page:

I also checked via a proxy and also asked my colleagues to see whether they could access the site., but we were getting the same block screen.

Maybe you could temporarily disable the strict security settings in WordFence? Is there a country block? I'm trying to access the /wp-admin URL, and the block screen occurs. Please do temporarily whitelist India region.

We are using dynamic IPs so chances of whitelisted IPs to work are low. In case you still need the IP to whitelist, you could try the following dynamic IP:

Looking forward to your response, so that we could give a closer look at the issue. Have a nice day ahead. :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Robert,

I could access the /wp-admin login page now, thanks. However, I'm afraid, the login shared via the contact form isn't working.

Seems like there isn't any such username created in your system. However, I could notice that the support access is enabled, so I logged into the site and checked the Smush Pro page for the mentioned issue.

I tried to run a bulk smush in your system to see how it goes, but it seems to load, and process fine.

Are you able to replicate the issue again in your system, if yes, is there any specific steps to replicate the issue?

Please advise, if I'm missing anything so that this could be looked upon closer. Have a nice day ahead. :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Nithin

• Robert
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi.
    For website mrrwebdev01.org -
    WP Smush PRO goes into a loop. It says it's got 12 images to smush, but goes to 75, then goes into a loop. If I stop the smush, it doesn't save any of the changes.
    Screenshots:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ppfaku7u9zo6fx/Screenshot%202019-04-25%2015.33.12.png?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/4ctwyibp8pc4mkl/Screenshot%202019-04-25%2015.46.10.png?dl=0
    Can you please assist?
    Thanks.

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Robert,

Thanks for sharing the screenshots, it's odd behaviour. Such an issue could happen if there are duplicate meta values stored in the database side.

We'll need to access the database, could you please share your sites cPanel login or other means to access the database so that we could give a closer look regarding this in?

You can share the login credentials the same way via the contact form as done before in here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/wp-smush-pro-smush-pro-numbers-are-all-over-the-place#post-1391440

Looking forward to your response so that we could help get this sorted asap. Have a nice day head. :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Robert,

Thanks for sending in the credentials, I'm afraid, the cPanel login credentials shared is taking a lot of time to load in our side.

I checked with my colleagues too, and they were seeing the same issue, the cPanel, in general, was really slow to load, and PHPMyAdmin wasn't loading at all.

I'm afraid, we are finding it difficult to work on your server via the cPanel, could you please check with your hosting provider regarding what's causing the cPanel to load very slow?

What we are trying to achieve is delete empty meta_value for the meta_key wp-smpro-smush-data, inside the wp_postmeta table, so that the issue could be resolved.

Since the database isn't loading in our side we weren't able to perform this step. Could you please take a backup of the database, and try to see whether you could make the changes?

If you are still looking for us to make the above changes in the database, please do check what's causing the slow load issue with the hosting provider, so that once the host fixes the issue, we could perform these changes.

Sorry for any inconvenience due to this, please let us know how that goes. Have a nice day ahead. :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Robert,

Thanks, I could access the server and was loading much better compared to last time. I checked the database, and I'm afraid I don't see any duplicates or empty values which should be causing the issue.

I'm bringing our developers attention into the issue and will get back to you once this is given a closer look asap. Have a great weekend. :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

H Robert,

On further troubleshooting the issue on mrrwebdev01 website, we were able to notice that the WordFence feature called Monitor background requests from an administrator's web browser for false positives (Wordfence > All Options > Whitelisted URLs) seems to conflict with Smush's Bulk Optimizer.

So, I went ahead and unchecked the Admin Panel checkbox option and saved the settings to see how it goes.

However, I'm afraid, we could still notice the issue With Smush on the dashboard side, which is really odd. Could you please check with your hosting provider, and see whether there is any Server side cache enabled in the website side, and if possible whether it's possible to temporarily disable, or purge the cache to see the issue still exists?

NOTE: I had unblocked Russian Federation from the Country block list, so our developer could access your site during the troubleshooting process.

Please do let us know what your hosting provider has to say regarding this. Looking forward to your response. Have a nice day ahead. :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Robert,

Thanks for confirming this, we really appreciate the effort. I tried to access your website via the admin login credentials share before(WPMUNithin), but I'm afraid, I'm getting the following message:
    ERROR: The username or password you entered is incorrect. Lost your password?

Seems like the username was removed? Since it's a live site, not sure whether it's okay to create an admin login via FTP.

Could you please create a new admin username, so that we could access the dashboard, and also could you please confirm whether you are comfortable with us running the beta version of Smush Pro plugin in your system to see whether that resolve the issue?

There is a lot of fix in the beta release so it would be helpful to see how that goes in your website side and see whether it resolves the issue.

You can send WP admin login credentials by using our secure contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

- To Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Nithin Ramdas
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login URL
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant URLs

Please do follow up in the ticket once you have sent the above credentials. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Robert,

Thanks for sharing the credentials, but I'm afraid you have whitelisted the wrong country, it's not Greece, but India you have to unblocked via Wordfence. Seems like both the sites have India blocked, so couldn't access any of the websites.

I tried to access your site via a Proxy IP of Greece, but it was taking a lot of difficulty in accessing your website dashboard.

If you could unblock 'India", it would be really helpful in getting this fixed in both the sites asap. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Robert,

Thanks for whitelisting, I accessed mrrwebdev01 website and further tested by installing the beta version, but unfortunately, the issue still exists.

Since all the 3 websites are hosted in the same server it has to do more specific to the server side, or one common plugin causing an issue. Did a quick plugin conflict test but the issue still exists. Enabling debug logs and checking the server logs aren't helping much.

I'm afraid, this needs extensive troubleshooting and further testing, I'm bringing this into our Second Level Support(SLS) teams attention, so this issue could be looked upon closely.

Will keep you updated once we get further feedback regarding the status of the issue asap. We truly appreciate your patience regarding this matter.

Have a good day ahead.

Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Robert,

On giving a closer look, regarding the putnamcity1979 website, the issue isn't similar to the issue noticed within mrrwebdev01 website.

I could bulk smush the images except for one image in putnamcity1979, and then re-checking the images wasn't showing any issues with the Smushed number all over the place. The image which isn't getting smushed is original.jpg and it seems to be corrupted.

Deleting the orignal.jpg image, and re-uploading it again should fix that issue in putnamcity1979.

Regarding the issue noticed in mrrwebdev01 is something which we'll update further once it's further troubleshooted asap. Have a good day.

Regards,
    Nithin

• Panos
    • SLS

Thanks a lot Robert !

I did have a closer look and in fact I was able to replicate. We have talked about this with the main developer and it should be fixed in an upcoming version :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for spotting and mentioning this issue! Sending a few points over :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.