[WP Smush Pro] Smush Pro & S3 Offload Lite

I have an 8 year old blog with around 20GB in images, and I need to reduce the amount of storage I am using on my server. I want to use Smush Pro to optimize my images while at the same time use S3 Offload to upload the files to an S3 bucket.

I have all this set up, but before I pull the trigger I just want to make sure that I won't break things.

Is there anything I should do to make sure this works right?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hi user-six-six-six

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

WP Smush Pro is compatible with images offloading to S3, including "Lite" version of offload plugin.

However, we're struggling with a small issue related to it currently which is causing it not to work fine if a no-longer-required AWS plugin is absent (it was required in the past). Our developers are looking into it already but you might want to follow this article to set everything up:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/moving-wordpress-media-to-amazon-s3/

Please note, however, that only newly uploaded images will be optimized after implementing offload. It will not optimize images already off-loaded so I'd suggest doing it like this:

1. bulk smush images that are already in your Media Library
    2. after that move media to S3

This way you will have already optimized images moved and new images will be optimized on upload and then moved automatically to S3 (just make sure that you got automatic smushing on upload option enabled).

If I may suggest something though: I'd recommend setting some simple test site (even the basic WP install) with that implementation first and testing it there so you would be sure that it works for you.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.