[WP Smush Pro] Smush Pro suddenly downgrade to Smush Free

I suddenly realized that on page wp-admin/admin.php?page=smush there is everything like in Smush Free (messages "upgrade to pro", no PRO features etc.)

But I have Smush Pro installed for weeks...

Plese how to fix it?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Jiri

I hope you're fine today!

I'm afraid that's an unexpected issue on our side. We are currently experiencing some temporary issues on our end that are affecting this. Our sys-admins are already working on the case so I believe things should soon get back to normal. The Smush should then activate it's pro features automatically. In case that doesn't happen in a few hours, please let me know.

I apologize for the trouble, I believe it should be solved really soon.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Jiri
    • The Incredible Code Injector

PRO versions work now.

But I lost all my settings on all affected websites!

That is something you should definitely inform your customers immediately.

Hopefully I appear it by myself and set all the websites now. But otherwise it could harm SEO etc. (no smush original images, no Super-Smush...)

I definitely want to be inform about such dangerous issues in the future...

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Jiri,

We are sorry about this but the issue shouldn't have caused your settings to be removed as those are saved in your database and after the pro features are "unlocked" again they should have their old values set.

Did you perhaps try removing the plugin while it was showing as free and then reinstalled it?
    Removing the plugin will remove the database values as well so when you re-install it there will be no previous settings saved.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Jiri
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi,

no I did nothing. Settings "super-smush my images" and "Smush my original full size images" were disabled.

Everything worked great until the license issue and then settings were changed.

If you don't know about it, it would be great to investigate it because something changes WP Smush settings during that license issue...

Thanks,
    Jiri

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Jiri

Thank you for additional information.

I admit that's quite strange and unexpected. It should not happen and, as my colleague already explained, the settings are stored in the database locally. Whenever the plugin is "switched between pro and free" version - in that sense that it's not able to "verify pro" because e.g. WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin is inactive or logged out of the account or it cannot connect to the API, like it was recently - it doesn't change the configuration. Once the API is connected and "pro is verified" it simply "unlocks" features.

I did some tests on my own setup to try to replicate this:

- first I set some options (including the two that you mentioned) in Pro Smush then disabled the WPMU DEV Dashboard (to disable API connection and switch to free version) and enabled it again

- second I actually removed the plugin entirely (tried with removing it manually via FTP and just deleting via "Plugins" page in back-end), switched off WPMU DEV Dashboard, installed Smush from a package downloaded from wp.org plugin repository and enabled WPMU DEV Dashboard

In both cases plugin was switching between free and pro but kept all the options intact when turned back to pro.

However, the third attempt was different. I have switched off WPMU DEV Dashboard so plugin turned to "free", I re-saved Smush configuration (while in free version, so Pro options weren't available) and switched WPMU DEV Dashboard back on - and in this case those previously set options were actually gone. That was as close as I managed to get to the scenario that you described.

I understand that you didn't even login to some of the sites during that API issues so I'm not sure what could cause the options to be saved but did you actually re-save/change any Smush options on those sites that you did login to - before knowing that there's an issue on our end? Also - are these sites and/or those sites that you didn't login to using some sort of server-side cache, especially some object caching?

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.