[WP Smush Pro] Smush Pro update PHP warning

Hi,

I updated plugin Smush Pro from version 2.8.1 to 2.8.2 and there was a PHP warning:
Warning: fopen(/xy.com/web/plugins/wp-smush-pro/wp-smush.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /xy.com/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4848
Warning: fread() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /xy.com/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4851
Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /xy.com/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4854

How can I fix it?

Thanks,
Jiri

• Adam Czajczyk

Hi Jiri

I hope you're well today!

This looks to me more like an "update error", meaning the issue during the update process, rather than other problem so let's start with making sure about that. Could you please try to re-install plugin manually?

Just download the plugin zip file from here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wp-smush-pro/

and then

- deactivate the plugin on the site
    - access the site install via FTP or cPanel
    - go to the /wp-content/plugins folder
    - upload entire "wp-smush-pro" folder from inside downloaded .zip file to the /wp-content/plugins folder on a server, overwriting existing one

then activate the plugin back on site and see if it activated without any issues and is working fine.

Let me know if that solved the problem. If not, I'll investigate it further.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.