[WP Smush Pro] Smush Pro vs Google image optimization

We've been having a lot of trouble with our site being slow, so I did some testing with Google PageSpeed, and it identified a handful of images that needed to be optimized. I realized that the images Google found were original images, so they weren't being smushed....I changed that setting, then re-smushed the originals. The file size for the full-size image was only reduced by 40KB - 3.3% off of a 1.1MB file. Compared with the Google-optimized file, which I got from the PageSpeed page (at the bottom, it gives you the option to download optimized images, CSS, and JS files), there is a humongous difference in file size. Google's file is only 300KB! (And it didn't lose integrity, even when massively enlarged on a big monitor.) I am wondering if this is the expected behavior from WP Smush Pro, or if I've got a setting wrong somewhere. Would the "up to 2x more" Smushing help? Though even 2x would not be near as much as what GPS did. Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide. :slight_smile: