[WP Smush Pro] Smush -> Smush Pro upgrade

Hi,

I have Smush installed, then installed WPMU Dashboard and logged in.

After I saw "Smush Pro" in navigation but "Smush" in plugins.

When I needed support with Smush Pro for the given website, I can't choose Smush Pro (nor Smush) from my Plugins list. I had to install Smush Pro (which asked me to re-smush all my images I'd just smashed them by Smush).

Some Smush -> Smush Pro upgrade would be nice. Eg. Defender prompts to install Defender Pro after WPMU Dashboard is activated.

But no big deal, it is just a bit confusing at first.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Frantisek

I hope you’re well today and thank you for your question!

The Smush would turn to “pro” just after activation of the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin (and logging it in to the WPMU DEV account) – it would unlock pro features, even tho it might be still saying “Smush” on plugin list.

But you’re right: once you select existing site while creating support ticket, you can only select one of the plugins installed there or an option “other”. The only plugins listed are “pro” versions because the “free” versions are mostly support via the wp.org plugin support forum (though still by us).

Having that said, I’ve tested the scenario that you describe and I can confirm it. I can see how that might be confusing so I’ve passed that to our developers so they could check it. I’ll update you here once I got to know more from them but please note that since they are dealing with a lot of complex stuff on daily basis, it might take them a bit longer to respond than it takes us.

We’ll update you here as soon as possible.

Thank you for reporting this!

Best regards,

Adam

• Frantisek
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Adam,

thank you for your response. I personally don’t need this to be fixed because I am already aware of this particular behavior.

I just wanted to report this bug to help you get even better. I agree, that this is not urgent at all.

• Salespro Domains
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

My Smush Pro reverted back to the Free version today even tho I’m a pro member. I tried to get it back to Pro but it won’t. I tried re-installing with no success. I was trying to check out the new Lazy Load feature when I noticed this today. It was fine yesterday by the way. Please help.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.