WP Smush Pro stuck during Bulk Smush

It seems stuck on 40 of 25879 attachments.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Filup,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Are you referring to your "New Media..." site? I've visited its dashboard and took a look at "Media -> WP Smush" page: the smushed images counter was at over 50 at that moment.

I've then run "Bulk Smush" again and the process seemed to go fine. I left it after it reached 77 images. That said, my suggestion would be to open the "Media -> WP Smush" page in a separate browser's tab and leave it opened for at least few hours. There are nearly 26000 media attachments in your Media Library so it may take quite an amount of time to optimize them all.

Please note also, that the smushing process may sometimes go faster and sometimes slower depending on current load of our servers and of the current load of your server and its internet connection.

However, it may turn out that the smushing indeed hungs up at some point and then it continues once you refresh the page and hit "Bulk smush" again. This usually means that there either are some limitations on your server that prevent the plugin from making to many calls to 3rd party end points and/or sending/receiving too many data. If you do confirm that behavior ("hanging smushing") then could you please access your server via FTP and search for an "error.log" file in your root folder?

If it's there, could you then please share its last entries (from around date and time of "hanging smushing") with me?

Cheers,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Filup,

I had another talk with the developer and he would like to have a closer look at this if you can provide us with FTP and SSH login details.

You can send us your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ and the template below:

IMPORTANT: Make sure you select "I have a different question" for your topic so it doesn't go back to forums - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Subject: "Attn: Predrag Dubajic"
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - login url
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - SSH credentials (host/username/password)
    - link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.