Wp-Smush Pro stuck on a particular file

I have been trying to Bulk Smush and it has been going well. I have 34K images. In last 6 days, Smush has been able to process 30K images but for last 2 days, its stuck at a particular number. I read at the forum and probably it is trying to find a file which may not be there or some such thing.

How do I know the exact file where it is stuck ?

Many thanks
Nandan

• Luís

Hi Nandan ,

Hope you're doing well today!

Smush should display the error above the Bulk Smush progress bar (Media -> WP Smush). can you give us access to your admin panel, so we can check your issue?

If you don't already know, please, follow the link below, to see how enable the staff login:

http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

When you enable this option, please post again!

Also, Can you enable the debug flags in your wp-config.php to check if any error was saved?

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

It will be saved to a debug.log file inside the "wp-content" folder. Can you share it with us?

https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

Note: Save the file as a .txt, because the .log extension is not allowed in the attachments.

Cheers, Luís

• Nandan

Hello Luis,

Many thanks. It turns out that the DEBUG option was already set. But I was not seeing any file. I then added the other two lines and still I do not see any logs.

From what I could understand, this option outputs php error. I am on a managed wordpress, from Kinsta, so I guess they control the php behaviour (towards better performance and other relevant goals). Net net, I can not see the debug.log. I do have a log viewer provided by Kinsta and I am trying to see if I can find anything there.

I am attaching a snapshot. The PlugIn is listing certain files which it can not find and moving on to next file. That has been the case since beginning. But now it is stuck at 30566 for last few days.

I can enable staff login. I think you guys are in a different time-zone than mine so let me hear back from you once more time and then I will set it up. Thanks again.

• Nandan

I think I have more info about the problem. Long post :slight_smile:, pls plan enough time.

WP-Smush is reporting following error. And it continues to reports new errors so probably it is working (and not really stuck)
    Could not find /www/ghumakkar_945/public/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/2-TRC-?????-????-??-??-???????-??-??-????????-??-????1.jpg

When I look at this file in file-manager, I do see a file and the actual name is
    2-TRC-?????-????-??-??-???????-??-??-????????-??-????1.jpg

If I go to the post where this image is hosted, I can see the post
    https://www.ghumakkar.com/???-???????-??-????-??-??/

as well as the thumbnail of pic at http://www.ghumakkar.com/???-???????-??-????-??-??/2-142/

I think when WP-Smush is querying the DB, it is not the getting the name of the file with the right characters. This is a problem at my end because there are other places where the text which is not in English. Like on the same post, you would see right in the beginning - "Table of Contents for ?????". This text is coming from 'In Series' Plugin. And it is not able to get the right characters.

And this (I guess) is happening because of some char-set related setting in some table. This broke recently when my host (bluehost, prior to Kinsta) did an account restore w/o any request. I think their account got compromised because of the most recent WP-security issue so they just tried to do a restore which broke few things.

Ok so while I was writing this long email, I can see that WP-Smush has moved to a new file.

So the original problem is no longer there but if you could provide any advice on char-set stuff then that would be terrific. I can always write a new topic with more focused details, if you prefer that.

Thank you for reading this far.
    Best,
    Nandan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.