[WP Smush Pro] Unable to reSmush images

I am using Magazine Basic (not your theme so not looking for support for the theme itself).

I changed some images thumbnail sizes to better fit the layout and need to re-Smush my images. How do I get Smush to take note of the new thumbnail sizes and redo the images? Smush can see the thumbnail sizes the theme sets, and shows what size they should be, but old images are the old size. Newly uploaded files are correctly sized.

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Fred,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I changed some images thumbnail sizes to better fit the layout

Could I know how these changes were made? Was it via a plugin, or with custom code etc? Also, what are the size of the new thumbanils added?

By default, Smush detects all the images sizes registered by the theme. If you have added new thumbnail sizes, it should be listed under the "Automatic Smush' setting, for example:

If the newly added thumbnails are listed in the mentioned section, and is unchecked, then checking that option, and re-running bulk smush should work out of the box with making sure the images are resized.

If that's not the case, then we would need to know how the thumbnail sizes are added, so that we could have a better idea what could be recommend based on such a workflow.

Since support access to your site was disabled, I wasn't able to give a closer look too. Please do let let us know further about it, and please grant support staff access so that we could give a closer look at the current setup.

You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access, or check this manual: https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

Please let us know once you enable access, so that we could get this sorted. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Nithin

• Fred
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi – forgot about this ticket! I only had 5 images to redo so deleted and re-uploaded. I changed the settings for thumbnails in Themes Customizer (using Magazine Basic theme). Re-uploading enabled the new sizes in Smush Pro so all is good.

• Fred
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi – forgot about this ticket! I only had 5 images to redo so deleted and re-uploaded. I changed the settings for thumbnails in Themes Customizer (using Magazine Basic theme). Re-uploading enabled the new sizes in Smush Pro so all is good.

• Fred
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.