WP Smush Pro - wait time "12 days"

The System states "The smushing elves are busy, You are 310th in the queue.
Estimated wait time: 12 days 22 hours" any reason why im waiting 12 days for the plugin to do its thing?! I only have 208 images - most of which have been compressed already... why the slowness, server down, maintenance?

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Derek, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

As I mentioned to another members, the wait time can depend on various things, such as:

- the sizes of the smush requests being processed
    - the amount of users submitting smush requests

We have had an influx of new users submitting smush requests, and with that in mind, we're actively working on improving the infrastructure to help improve the smush times, as we'd all like things to be running as smoothly & quickly as possible. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Derek

As i mentioned when i first sent the support request im not overly sending too much through and i think a 12 day wait for 208 images to be processed via your servers is unacceptable - especially as im paying for a service! Why wasnt the infrastructure upgraded if there was a possibility of a large influx of new customers or why wasnt a contingency put in place just in case the infrastructure needed further bolstering if the demand increased?

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Derek,

I agree, 12 days for such a wait is definitely unacceptable, but you'll be happy to know that we've released an update that increases the smushing speed a lot! :slight_smile:

If you haven't seen the update yet, you'll want to go to:

WPMU DEV -> Updates

And click on the "Update Now" link at the bottom of the page (see first screenshot below).

Then, once you've done that, you'll want to go to:

Media -> WP Smush Pro

And if a Smush is already in progress, you'll now see a prompt like the one seen in the 2nd screenshot below.

Just go through the process of resetting the smush request, and once you've done that, you'll be all set to use the new, faster API. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.