WP SMUSH PRO & WP DEFENDER Causing Image Uploading HTTP Error

Hi,

I have installed WP SMUSH PRO & WP DEFENDER PLUGIN on indorehd.com. But from few days I am getting http error while uploading any media items to my wordpress. When I deactivate both of the above plugins, it solves the problem. Please help me out with this as I want to use both these plugins on my site.

Awaiting Your Response,
Regards,

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Tapan,
    Hope you are doing good!

I just tested it on my own sandbox/testing site and both plugins working fine together. I could upload the new images without any issues.

Could you please share what exact error message you are getting while uploading the images ?

Also, please enable debugging by adding following define in wp-config.php file replacing the existing debug flag.

Find this code in wp-config.php file:
    define( 'WP_DEBUG', false );

... and replace it with this code:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

Now try to upload the image again, if you get the error again then go to /wp-content/ rename debug.log file to debug.txt and attach it with your reply. This will log the error message in this file that will help us troubleshoot this issue.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• Tapan
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Sajid,

I have followed your instructions, but there is no debug.log file present on the server :slight_frown: . I have tried to upload image and its again showing me the error as in the attachment.

Looking for for your reply,

Regards,

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Tapan,
    Hope you are doing good today!

In this case, I would suggest you to check the free space provided by your hosting. Do you have enough free space to host new images ? If no then try deleting the old images are upgrade to get more space from your host.

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Kevin,

At this stage, I would like you to send me WordPress admin and FTP login details so I could troubleshoot this issue further.

Please send in the requested credentials privately via our contact form in following format.

Subject: "Attn: Sajid Javed”
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - login url
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

Make sure you select I have a different question from dropdown (see screenshot) - this and subject line ensures that it will get assign to me.

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• Tapan
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Sajid,

I have enough space on my host and I am still having the same issues of image uploading on my website if plugins are active , when I deactivate plugins uploading works fine.

Please help me out, as the issue has been troubling me for very long ...

Awaiting Your Response !

Regards,

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Tapan,

Yes, I can understand that and sorry for inconvenience that may caused by this issue.

But, to troubleshoot and fix this issue, I need WordPress admin and FTP details as requested above. Please provide these details so we can move forward.

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Tapan,

Thanks for sending in FTP and WordPress admin details. I could replicate this issue on your website and have done a massive troubleshooting there.

While troubleshooting, I found that it is not one plugin that is conflicting with WP Smush plugin. Once, its Defender, on next attempt it worked fine with defender while deactivating all other plugins. Then it become Ninja Forms plugin and later it worked with WP Smush plugin too. After spending a good amount of time, I could not find the pattern.

It appears to be issue with something else, instead of a plugin conflict. I saw that you have limited memory and execution time set for scripts to run. It could be an error as well.

Please try to increase the memory limit as described in this article and then check if it makes any difference (increase all values that are mentioned in this article).

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.