WP Smush Question on image names

Hi My theme uses large images inline on the frontpage widgets as a background url . I need to know if the images smushed by WP smush pro have names that they can be referenced by instead of classes. I need to plugin the smushed values into a background-url(image.jpg)

Thanks.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Becky,

Hope you're doing well :slight_smile:

When you optimize your images via smush there's no list of smushed images because it doesn't create any new images on your installation.

When you perform optimization via Smush, it sends your images to our servers where optimization is performed, after image is optimized it's sent back to your server and it replaces your old non-optimized image.
    So after smush process is finished there's no need to replace your images as the optimized ones will be already used.

I had a look at your site and see that there are two reports for image optimization so let me explain why those are there.

Speed test has two reports for image optimization.

1. Losslessly compressing - This one's is telling that image can be optimized, that's what smushing takes care of and there are no such reports on your site.

2. Compressing and resizing - This tells us that image is larger than its actual HTML holder.

The second one is what's shown in your results and that's because your theme is loading images larger than it's HTML holder, for example on your "What Others Are Saying About Us" section on home page there are 600x600 images loaded but the actual HTML holder of that image is only 100x100 so the image is resized with CSS to fit in that holder.

Unfortunately this is not something Smush can deal with since the theme/plugin/custom code is written in the way to call the larger image, and even though the image is compressed google doesn't like loading image larger than its holder, so this is something you need to change directly in code.

Hope this helps and let us know if you have any followup questions :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.